Thread: Reinstall

fisherking Guest

Default Reinstall

I bought ZA a few years ago and updated it with downloads, etc. My computer crashed and I have to reinstall all my programs. I don't have the disk (obviously) but I do have my original licence number. Will that help? Thanks.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Reinstall

You don't say which ZA product you have (ZAX, ZAP, ZASS, ZAAV) but it should not be a problem. When I last renewed my subscription, I received an email from ZA with my License Key. Included were these instructions:

IMPORTANT LICENSE KEY INSTALLATION INFORMATION

Correct installing of your License Key is important to avoid expiration problems!

Installing your License Key

Open the ZoneAlarm Control Center by clicking the ZoneAlarm logo in the system tray in the lower right corner of your Windows desktop. Click the "Overview" tab from the list on the left side of the Control Center screen. Then click the "Product Info" tab in the upper right portion of the screen. In the Product Info section, you will see "License Information" Click the "Change Lic" button in this section. A new window titled "License Information" will open showing your current license key.

Copy the 27 digit license key shown above on this webpage and paste it in place of any key listed in the "License Information" window open on your Windows desktop. Once you have pasted the new key, click "Apply". If you have been successful, you will get a message "Your license key was successfully installed". Congratulations, you have completed the license key installation process.

If you get an error message "Invalid License Key", you will need to contact ZoneAlarm Customer Support for further help.

Note: For error-free results, do not enter your license key by hand - Copy and Paste it.
    Good luck

fisherking Guest

Smile Re: Reinstall

Sounds good. I'm assuming I can go to the ZA website and download the evaluation version and then enter my license key to "activate." I have the full ZA Security Suite. Appreciate your help.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by fisherking View Post
    Sounds good. I'm assuming I can go to the ZA website and download the evaluation version and then enter my license key to "activate." I have the full ZA Security Suite. Appreciate your help.
    I would assume so, as well. You would do it just like you did the very first time you ever installed ZA.

If you should encounter a problem, you will have to contact ZA Customer Service. Here is their contact link, just in case: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...er-service.htm

Thread Information