Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

KsTinMan Guest

Default Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

I have now tried the fix I described in thread #8 on a second computer that had the identical issue with Firefox, this time saving the bookmarks and passwords files as shown. This second computer is also now working fine.

For what its worth, if you do not know how to import the bookmark.json file, open Firefox, select Bookmarks, Organize Bookmarks, then choose Import and browse to the location where you saved the file.

To get your passwords back, simply copy the 2 password files into the Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default folder (with Firefox closed).

I hope this bit of troubleshooting will help others here. ~~ snip ~~

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by fax; February 21st, 2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: off topic

pkquat Guest

I have the same issue. WinXP SP2, Firefox 3.6, ZAISS9.1.008.000
    I installed Firefox and saw the tool bar. I then went to the Firefox Options and changed the following:
    General: Cleared the "Home Page:" box and also set it to show a blank page when it starts.
    Tabs: Unchecked "Open new windows in a tab instead.
    Privacy: Never remember history
    Security: unchecked remember passwords for sites
    Adavanced: Update: Selected "Ask" me what to do" for Firefox updates, and then unchecked all the update boxes.

I closed Firefox and re-opened it. The toolbar was gone, but shows up in the View Toolbar list and is checked. Unchecking and re-checking give me an error.

unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]
    Last edited by pkquat; February 21st, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

eliuri Guest

Question Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

Hi:

I use ZASS 9.1.008.000, and not Zone Alarm Extreme.

However, I did allow the Zone Alarm Toolbar to install itself during the ZASS installation. In Firefox 3.6, it's listed among the add-ons as: ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.53.4

At first, I had much of the same problems in Firefox 3.6 described here in terms of seeing the toolbar.

Even the compact version disappeared in Firefox 3.6. Toggling between viewing the toolbar and hiding it gave the following error message:

==============

unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]

================

A new Firefox profile failed to show either the ZA Toolbar or the compact version of it.

I now find that the toolbar disappeared from Internet Explorer 7.0 as well. Even though it's listed among the add-ons enabled in IE7. So apparently , these issues are not limited to Firefox 3.6

I did write to Tech Support about the initial problem I was having with Firefox 3.6. But now I'm seeing it in Internet Explorer as well.

1) Should I simply uninstall this toolbar via the Control Panel? Or would it suffice to simply disable it from both browsers individually.

2) Would such an uninstall via Control Panel remove this malfunctioning toolbar from both browsers?

3) Alternatively, would it be advisable to disable these add-ons until a fix for these issues is found?

Thanks in advance:

-Eliuri

============

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3
    Zone Alarm security Suite 9.1.008.00
    ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.53.4
    Firefox 3.6
    IE 7.0

KsTinMan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eliuri View Post
    Hi:

I use ZASS 9.1.008.000, and not Zone Alarm Extreme.

However, I did allow the Zone Alarm Toolbar to install itself during the ZASS installation. In Firefox 3.6, it's listed among the add-ons as: ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.53.4

At first, I had much of the same problems in Firefox 3.6 described here in terms of seeing the toolbar.

Even the compact version disappeared in Firefox 3.6. Toggling between viewing the toolbar and hiding it gave the following error message:

==============

================

A new Firefox profile failed to show either the ZA Toolbar or the compact version of it.

I now find that the toolbar disappeared from Internet Explorer 7.0 as well. Even though it's listed among the add-ons enabled in IE7. So apparently , these issues are not limited to Firefox 3.6

I did write to Tech Support about the initial problem I was having with Firefox 3.6. But now I'm seeing it in Internet Explorer as well.

1) Should I simply uninstall this toolbar via the Control Panel? Or would it suffice to simply disable it from both browsers individually.

2) Would such an uninstall via Control Panel remove this malfunctioning toolbar from both browsers?

3) Alternatively, would it be advisable to disable these add-ons until a fix for these issues is found?

Thanks in advance:

-Eliuri

============

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3
    Zone Alarm security Suite 9.1.008.00
    ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.53.4
    Firefox 3.6
    IE 7.0
    Hi Eliuri

I also use ZASS 9.1.008.000, not Extreme, and same as you I had no ZA toolbars in either Firefox or Internet Explorer on one of my computers, and had the identical error message.

The ZoneAlarm toolbar included with Security Suite is just a simplified ForceField toolbar. You probably noticed that it has some disabled features. If you purchase ForceField, those features are enabled and the bar says ForceField instead of ZoneAlarm. However, I digress a bit.

I can't answer any of your questions as I followed a different path to find a solution. I do have a question and some suggestions though.

If you open your Task Manager do you see forcefield.exe in the processes tab? It must be there for the ZA toolbar to function.

I suggest that you use the ZA clean uninstaller: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe ... You do not have to uninstall or shut down ZASS when you run this file.

After you have reinstalled ZASS check IE first. I found that this fixed the issue for IE Version 8.

If you still have no toolbar in Firefox, please check threads #8 and #11.

I hope this solves the issue for you. I understand how frustrating this problem is!

Cheers,
    KsTinMan
    Last edited by KsTinMan; February 24th, 2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: typo

bebann Guest

I've had these problems in the past with Firefox and Extreme. I've done the un-install/re-install and clean procedures outlined in an earlier post and was able to recover OK. After a recent bout with the same problem on another computer I was able to just change the profile of Firefox 3.6 and reset Extreme and the problem went away. To reset ZoneAlarm press down shift and ctrl at the same time while right clicking on the ZoneAlarm icon on the taskbar near the clock. Reset should now appear in the menu.

zonezombie Guest

I don't know if this is a solution, but I typed in the following in the run bar: firefox -p.
    I made a new profile and this appeared to bring back the toolbar. However, when I click on the Private Browser Tab, although a new browser opens, it doesn't say whether it's a Private Browser or not. But at least I have the bar back on my Firefox.

Hope this helps someone, particularly the IT guys at Zonelabs.
    Last edited by zonezombie; March 21st, 2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Additional information.

omegadcuk Guest

Thumbs up Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6 - solution

My firefox ZA toolbar disappeared too, I just ran Firefox in Safe mode, ticked 'Reset toolbars and controls', restated firefox, then looked in the bottom right for the minimized za toolbar and clicked the 'Switch to Large toolbar'.

Hope this helps someone:

Cheers.

Default Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6 - solution

Quote Originally Posted by omegadcuk View Post
    My firefox ZA toolbar disappeared too, I just ran Firefox in Safe mode, ticked 'Reset toolbars and controls', restated firefox, then looked in the bottom right for the minimized za toolbar and clicked the 'Switch to Large toolbar'.

Hope this helps someone:

Cheers.
    Here are some helpful links.

Reset Firefox / Reset when using ForceField at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...857#post262857

Possible Firefox Issues at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...901#post270901

Switching to short toolbar in Firefox at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...911#post273911

Update Options for Firefox when using ForceField at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...531#post272531

How to Reset IE at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...001#post272001

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.6.3
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1017448000
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; May 5th, 2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added version

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information