Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

wjbinokc Guest

Default Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

I just installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security. I updated Forcefield to the most recent version available for Firefox. Firefox version 5.5.

I am running the most recent Firefox 3.6. This may explain the following error message I receive when trying to enable the ForceField toolbar:

unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]

After seeing this message, I cannot see the ForceField toolbar but there is a checkmark in the context menu by the ForceField name. This checkmark is to indicate that the FF toolbar is enabled but I cannot see it.

Later, I turned off the toolbar (and the checkmark is gone). By turning the toolbar off, I am presented with the same error message shown above.

Let me know if you need anymore information. I hope this helps

Baron Von Rotterdam Guest

Default Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

I have this same error and have not been able to see my zone alarm toolbar for some time.

Before posting this I:

1.) Uninstalled Firefox

2.) Uninstalled ZoneAlarm

3.)ran some cleanup .exe file in zonelabs folder

4.) restarted

5.) ran ccleaner to clean my registry

6.) restarted

I don't know how I can get any more thorough than that.

I have the latest versions of ZAES and Firefox. Browser security and visualization are both turned on along with the force field toolbar add-on in Firefox.

janchristensen Guest

Unhappy Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

I´ve got the same problem. Forcefield says that is enabled but no toolbar visible in Firefox. Same problem in IE. No toolbar.

Any solution??

Post Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by janchristensen View Post
    I´ve got the same problem. Forcefield says that is enabled but no toolbar visible in Firefox. Same problem in IE. No toolbar.

Any solution??
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zoned out Guest

datetime here:
    11feb2010 08:34 GMT (London)

I have the same ForceField toolbar problem in Firefox 3.6

Behaviour:

However, the error message does NOT appear when I load an unprotected browser by right-clicking the Win7 ZA icon system from the system tray

To tell whether I have an unprotected browser or not I look the sites that appear in my history - is that a good test?

It appears that I DO have protection when I get the error message
    (I get a different list of sites - and no error - when I open an unprotected browser

Error Messages:

An earlier time I got :

load: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.createInstance]" nsresult: "0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 1003" data: no]

onload error TypeError: TcFfUpdates.getTcPluginsInstance().getNewExtension sList is not a function

Then I got very latest updates from ZA (see below, I have automatic updates)

Now I just get :

load: TypeError: Components.classes['@checkpoint.com/XPCOMTrustCheckerMozilla/TrustCheckerMozilla;1'] is undefined

onload error TypeError: TcFfUpdates.getTcPluginsInstance().getNewExtension sList is not a function

System Details:

Firefox:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Windows:
    Windows 7 Professional (x64) (build 7600)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United Kingdom)

Machine:
    Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower

Processor:
    3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded

Zonealarm:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1011561600
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.97
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.075

Any ideas?

Smile Re: Problem seeing toolbar in FireFox 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by zoned out View Post
    datetime here:
    11feb2010 08:34 GMT (London)

I have the same ForceField toolbar problem in Firefox 3.6

Behaviour:

However, the error message does NOT appear when I load an unprotected browser by right-clicking the Win7 ZA icon system from the system tray

To tell whether I have an unprotected browser or not I look the sites that appear in my history - is that a good test?

It appears that I DO have protection when I get the error message
    (I get a different list of sites - and no error - when I open an unprotected browser

~~Snip~~

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1011561600
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.97
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.075

Any ideas?
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Please Contact ZA Live Text Chat Tech Support Direcly with Full Details of your Problem..

Click on the support Link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

codebleu Guest

This is in reply to zoned out.

I had this same error message when I tried to open Firefox.

load: TypeError: Components.classes['@checkpoint.com/XPCOMTrustCheckerMozilla/TrustCheckerMozilla;1'] is undefined

I click ok and Firefox would still open.

Right click on your Firefox menu bar and uncheck ForceField Toolbar. This worked for me. Hopefully it helps you.

KsTinMan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wjbinokc View Post
    I just installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security. I updated Forcefield to the most recent version available for Firefox. Firefox version 5.5.

I am running the most recent Firefox 3.6. This may explain the following error message I receive when trying to enable the ForceField toolbar:

unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]

After seeing this message, I cannot see the ForceField toolbar but there is a checkmark in the context menu by the ForceField name. This checkmark is to indicate that the FF toolbar is enabled but I cannot see it.

Later, I turned off the toolbar (and the checkmark is gone). By turning the toolbar off, I am presented with the same error message shown above.

Let me know if you need anymore information. I hope this helps

I had this identical error. My first try at repairing the issue was done at the request of Tech Support. Their "fix" did not work. However, what they did give led me to the solution for this issue.

Here's what they asked me to try:

1: Remove ZA using: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

2: Remove FF using: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ff_cleanup.zip

3. Download and reinstall the latest version of ZA

4. Reinstall FF from: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...053_049_en.exe

Please keep in mind that I had also lost the toolbar in Internet Explorer. After following Tech Supports' advise shown above, I opened IE and my toolbar had returned and was working. However, Firefox 3.6 STILL had no FF toolbar. This is what led me to the solution. The problem had to have something to do with the Firefox Installation.

Like you, I also uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox 3.6 to no avail, so I decided to completely remove all traces of Firefox. I made a backup copy of the bookmarks.html file from C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxx.default, where User was my Windows login name and xxxxxx was the Profile number.

Next I uninstalled Firefox 3.6, and then I deleted not only the C:\Program Files\Mozilla sub-folders and folders, but also the entire Mozilla folder and sub-folders where bookmarks.html file was found.

After installing Firefox 3.6 this time, my FF toolbar was back and working fine. I imported my bookmarks file and reset my home pages, and have had no trouble since.

FYI: Firefox is the ONLY Mozilla application that I use, so you may want to delete just the Firefox folders from within the Mozilla Folder.

New Information: I was incorrect about bookmarks.html. You need to backup the latest bookmarks.json From within the profile. Do a quick search of the profile for bookmarks and save the newest one before deleting the folder. Also, backup these 2 files for saved passwords if they are important to you, both of which are required: key3.db and signons.sqlite. I saved only my bookmarks since I do not save passwords.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by KsTinMan; February 20th, 2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: bookmarks.html should be bookmarks.json

ramraider Guest

Hi

Like others I too am experiencing issues with ZoneAlarm's Forcefield. I upgraded FireFox to version 3.6 and since then each and every time I try to either enable or disable the Forcefield toolbar in FireFox it bombs with the same javascript error message described previously. I have had a look at the javascript file but can see nothing obvious to cause this.

Forcefield seems to work OK in Internet Explorer 8

Zonealarm Internet Security Suite: 9.1.008.000
    Forcefield version: 1.5.53.4
    Firefox is running 1 additional extension, namely: Noscript v 1.9.9.47

I have tried uninstalling Firefox and did a clean uninstall of Zonealarm but the problem persists. Has anyone figured a solution? Any help would be appreciated!

KsTinMan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramraider View Post
    Hi

Like others I too am experiencing issues with ZoneAlarm's Forcefield. I upgraded FireFox to version 3.6 and since then each and every time I try to either enable or disable the Forcefield toolbar in FireFox it bombs with the same javascript error message described previously. I have had a look at the javascript file but can see nothing obvious to cause this.

Forcefield seems to work OK in Internet Explorer 8

Zonealarm Internet Security Suite: 9.1.008.000
    Forcefield version: 1.5.53.4
    Firefox is running 1 additional extension, namely: Noscript v 1.9.9.47

I have tried uninstalling Firefox and did a clean uninstall of Zonealarm but the problem persists. Has anyone figured a solution? Any help would be appreciated!
    First, try to reset Firefox as indicated at http://forums.zonealarm.com/newreply...reply&p=275749

However, that did not help me. I had to delete all Mozilla\Firefox folders from my hard drive after uninstalling Firefox 3.6. See my thread (#8) above.

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by KsTinMan; February 20th, 2010 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information