Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WORKAROUND] Windows 7 BSOD --> Disable NetBios over TCP (TCP/IPv4)

farmerbeans Guest

Default Re: Windows 7 BSOD

Thank you... consider it done. Now waiting to see if it works

Smile Re: Windows 7 BSOD

Your Welcome..

Please Post back here with your Progress Report so that Users of this Forum with a simular problem may benifit from the solution to your BSOD problem..

Thank you..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pakled Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbeans View Post
    ...Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your problem and a detailed fix!...
    you're very welcome and i hope it helps. though i guess the real credit goes to Norton for suggesting it. i just happened to stumble accross the info.

its been just shy of 2 weeks and i have NOT had a single 0x7F BSOD since disabling NetBios over TCP (TCP/IPv4) so it would seem the results speak for themselves.

good luck!!!

farmerbeans Guest

Going to give it a try or uninstall ZA and see how I fare.
    I'm afraid the IPv4 NetBIOS disable work-around didn't work for me... had a BSOD 0x7F last night. Still not sure whether ZA is to blame, so I've replaced it with ** another Firewall to find out for sure... maybe ** the antivirus is the culprit

Still, it might work for some, and the more info the more options others will have. Here's hoping it's just a program causing this issue.
    Last edited by fax; March 3rd, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Reference to commercial products - Against forum rules

pakled Guest

hmmm... well that's unfortunate. i've been going over 2 weeks now with no more 7f BSOD to speak of. are you running the latest ZA beta?? i wonder if that has something to do with it. i'm running the beta, so maybe that's the difference. if not, i'm either lucky, or there's something more to this. fingers crossed that i'm out of the woods. good luck!

I'm afraid the IPv4 NetBIOS disable work-around didn't work for me... had a BSOD 0x7F last night. Still not sure whether ZA is to blame, so I've replaced it with ** another Firewall to find out for sure... maybe ** the antivirus is the culprit

Still, it might work for some, and the more info the more options others will have. Here's hoping it's just a program causing this issue.
    Last edited by pakled; March 4th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information