Thread: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security - Cannot access the aebn.net website

freissig Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Extreme Security - Cannot access the aebn.net website

Windows XP Professional
    Malwarebytes (paid)
    Spysweeper

I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and recently I cannot access the aebn.net website. I added it as a trusted site to IE8 and Firefox 3.5.7. No luck. Then I shut down both anti-spyware programs. No luck. Then I shut off ForceField. No luck.

My wife has ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and can access the website. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Fred

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security - Cannot access the aebn.net website

Quote Originally Posted by freissig View Post
    Windows XP Professional
    Malwarebytes (paid)
    Spysweeper

I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and recently I cannot access the aebn.net website. I added it as a trusted site to IE8 and Firefox 3.5.7. No luck. Then I shut down both anti-spyware programs. No luck. Then I shut off ForceField. No luck.

My wife has ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and can access the website. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Fred

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

===============

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

freissig Guest

Thanks for your reply George. My XP PRO is SP3. My CPU is AMD Athlon64.

I find SpySweeper and MalwareBytes effective anti-malware/spyware tools and don't trust ZoneAlarm Extreme Security by itself. I will remove them and then test access and then reinstall them.

By the way, my wife has SpySweeper installed, but not Malwarebytes.

Fred

freissig Guest

And the ZA Extreme Security is the latest version, since I recently renewed my subscription for another 2 years and downloaded/installed it yesterday.

Hi!
    please note that SS can conflict with ZAX this can lead difficulties in case of infection and software fighting for resources. This is equal to LESS security. SS is unlikely to add much to your security apart from cleaning harmless cookies.

You can keep MBAM free for a second opinion. Not more...

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

freissig Guest

So if I remove SS and MBAM, how can I be assured that ZAEX is working? With the former programs I witness when attacks are twarted via pop-ups.

Hi!
    you need to master the use of ZAX. Learn all functions. Mind on ZA pop-ups, use the virtualization in Forcefield. Ensure you ZA program control is set to MAX that AV are updated every 30 minutes. AND most importantly keep ZA always active and fully updated especially products updates.

Finally, it is not the piling up of tools increasing your security but the awareness of the risk out there and the use of common sense like: never ever believe a pop-up telling you are infected unless is ZA

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

freissig Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    you need to master the use of ZAX. Learn all functions. Mind on ZA pop-ups, use the virtualization in Forcefield. Ensure you ZA program control is set to MAX that AV are updated every 30 minutes. AND most importantly keep ZA always active and fully updated especially products updates.

Finally, it is not the piling up of tools increasing your security but the awareness of the risk out there and the use of common sense like: never ever believe a pop-up telling you are infected unless is ZA

Cheers,
    Fax
    Hey Fax,

Uninstalling MBAM fixed the problem. What do you mean by use the virtualization in Forcefield? Does this mean keep it on? If that is the case, I have already followed all your advice. I have been a ZoneAlarm user for years. First Internet Security Suite, then Extreme Security when it came out. Thanks to you both for your advice.

Fred

Thread Information