Thread: How to Report Bug in Free ZA 9.1.007.002

Hybrid View

retired_geek Guest

Default How to Report Bug in Free ZA 9.1.007.002

I believe I have found a bug in free ZA 9.1.007.002.

I understand that there is no support for the free version ... is there a way to report potential bugs in free ZA to Tech Support ?

Post Re: How to Report Bug in Free ZA 9.1.007.002

Quote Originally Posted by retired_geek View Post
    I believe I have found a bug in free ZA 9.1.007.002.

I understand that there is no support for the free version ... is there a way to report potential bugs in free ZA to Tech Support ?
    Here is what I found on the ZoneAlarm.com Site "Support" link for users of the FREE product..

1.) http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...al-support.htm

2.) http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ne-support.htm
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

retired_geek Guest

Default Re: How to Report Bug in Free ZA 9.1.007.002

@GeorgeV:

Thanks for your reply.

The first link you posted took me to a page with three Tech Support Options/links:
    1. Support Center Knowledge Base. The bug I found is not in the Knowledge Base.
    2. Zone Alarm User Forum. This link took me back to these forums.
    3. Zone Alarm Router Support. The bug I found does not involve the Zone Alarm Router.

The second link you suggested took me to a page that offers premium support for $49.95 ... I really don't want to pay $49.95 to report a possible bug.

I also noticed a live chat option .... I have not attempted that yet. My guess is that since I am using the Free Version of ZA, the live chat option will not be available to me.

All I really want to do is provide a description of what I feel is a bug to Zone Alarm's technical support team .... and let them decide if this bug (that I found in the Free Version) also applies to the Paid Version. I was hoping to find a means of providing "bug report" .... but I just don't see that option on ZA's Support page.

Thanks again for your assistance.

You could install the latest ZA beta and test it against your bug and report it to development

www.zonealarm.com/beta

Cheers,
    FAx

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

retired_geek Guest

@fax:

>You could install the latest ZA beta and test it against your bug and report it to development

Good idea .... I just need to find the time.

It's nice that ZA offers beta releases for testing and hopefully provides a convenient way of providing "bug reports" for problems found in the beta.

However, I can't help but wonder why there is no convenient way (for those who are not interested in, or do not have the time to, participate in a beta test) for providing bug reports for all current releases (both paid and free).

The bug I've found is not critical (I can certainly live with it) .... but it is a clear case of ZA ignoring settings in the Program Control list. I think that the paid version has ways to work-around the bug ... but the free version does not (at least it appears that way from reading other posts and doc on the paid release ... the paid version has additional options for Program Control that are not found in the free version).

As a user of the free version, I realize that I really have no right to complain ... I just wanted to be a "good citizen" and report a potential bug.

Sorry, the free version offer no support. You get what you pay for. For retail version of ZA, users have free support via live chat.
    Please do not double post issues on the board. You have already raised the problem of ZAfree and program control.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information