Thread: where has my restore zone alarm option gone?

lilac Guest

Default where has my restore zone alarm option gone?

Windows security centre says ZA is on and I am getting pop ups as usual however the 'restore zone alarm' option has gone and I now have a 'show zone alarm control centre' option but when opened all I have is a blank page with checkpoint at the top but no menus
    If I go into All Programs I have an internet explorer 'read me' which takes me to IE (I don't use IE) though and tries to install IE8
    Please help ?

Red face Re: where has my restore zone alarm option gone?

Quote Originally Posted by lilac View Post
    Windows security centre says ZA is on and I am getting pop ups as usual however the 'restore zone alarm' option has gone and I now have a 'show zone alarm control centre' option but when opened all I have is a blank page with checkpoint at the top but no menus
    If I go into All Programs I have an internet explorer 'read me' which takes me to IE (I don't use IE) though and tries to install IE8
    Please help ?
    PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU!

We don't have access to your Computer or your Monitor, so we don't even know what Type of Zone Alarm or Version Number you have installed..

Also what Version and Upgrade of Wiindows do you have?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

**** Very Important NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lilac Guest

Default Re: where has my restore zone alarm option gone?

ZoneAlarm version:9.1.007.002
    TrueVector version:9.1.007.002
    Driver version:9.1.007.002

XP 2002
    Home edition
    SP3

thanks

Guest357 Guest

Default Re: where has my restore zone alarm option gone?

I am having the same problem. I uninstalled the 9.1.007.002 version and tried to install an older version of the free ZoneAlarm (8.0.298.000) and am still unable to view the ZoneAlarm Control Center. All I see is the Help feature and the CheckPoint, ZoneAlarm symbols. I am not able to adjust any of my settings or see anything going on.

I have XP SP3, HP laptop, latest Windows updates, free ZoneAlarm version.

Thread Information