Thread: Keylogger conflict with Yahoo Mail?

dartsgarage Guest

Question Keylogger conflict with Yahoo Mail?

I recently upgraded to ZA Extreme and enabled Browser Security (ForceField) with Advanced/AntiSpyware/Block Programs/Always. True to the informational link next to Always, I experienced conflicts while typing in Yahoo Mail. Typed letters were randomly not displayed. Reconfiguring to Block Programs/Only In Allegedly Secure Sessions solved that problem.

I'm wondering if, by lowering the keylogger strength, I may be subject to external keylogging while using Yahoo mail. Does Yahoo mail have a known conflict with FF in Always mode? If not, are there other keylogger safeguards in place in Extreme?

Thanks

ZA Extreme 9.1.008
    ZA AV/AS 8.0.2.42
    FF 1.5.53.4

VISTA Home Premium SP2
    IE 8.0.6001.18882
    Pentium D 3Ghz, 32 bit
    Mem 2 MB

Default Re: Keylogger conflict with Yahoo Mail?

Hi!
    yes, its a known issue. You could even have problems logging on the system or having random jamming of the keyboard. This seems finally resolved in 9.1.118.000. So far it works very well! If you want to run always with max settings for key loggers you should try it. Here: www.zonealarm.com/beta (it will work with your existing license, if valid).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dartsgarage Guest

FAX,

I finally got around to your suggestion to try the beta version, ZA Extreme 9.1.118.

I'm sorry to say that there is no improvement with random (or no) characters being produced when using Yahoo Mail. Setting keylogging to "secure sites only" made no difference; I had to turn off browser security entirely to eliminate the issue.

I'll monitor the forum to see if there are any new developments

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dartsgarage View Post
    I'll monitor the forum to see if there are any new developments Thanks
    For me the jamming issue is resolved with latest beta. You should report the problem via the ZA beta form feedback to allow for logging and escalating.

Unfortunately monitoring this board will unlikely fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Smile Re: Keylogger conflict with Yahoo Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by dartsgarage View Post
    FAX,

I finally got around to your suggestion to try the beta version, ZA Extreme 9.1.118.

I'm sorry to say that there is no improvement with random (or no) characters being produced when using Yahoo Mail. Setting keylogging to "secure sites only" made no difference; I had to turn off browser security entirely to eliminate the issue.

I'll monitor the forum to see if there are any new developments

Thanks

I'm Sorry, I don't know if your problem is a "Yahoo Mail" configuration problem, or a Zone Alarm problem..?

The Keylogging problem that ZA8.0 and 9.1.008.000 has been Fixed in the ZA 9.1.118.000 BETA..
    (Unless you have other Programs Conflicting with ZAES BETA..)

Here is the Proper Configuration change that aflicted ZA 8.0 ans 9.1.008.000.

Under Browser Security, Click on Settings, Click on Advanced

half way down the Page under "Anti-Spyware"

Un-Check:
    "Block programs that Secretly Record your Keystrokes"

Click OK..

Please Post back here with your Progress Report

Also, Since your Are Using a BETA Version, it is Better to Post in the BETA TESTERS Forum Area, and Report any Problems Directly to the Developers using the BETA FEEDBACK Bug Report Form..

There is No Support for BETA Versions in this Regular Area of the Forum..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 5th, 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Update.. fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

dartsgarage Guest

I've reported the 9.1.118 anti-keylogger issue to the beta developers as suggested.
    Thanks

Thank you for your Feedback..

The more Feedbak that the Developers receive from BETA testers..
    the more info that the have to develop a fix..

Thanks..

droberts1019 Guest

What I keep finding in amazement, is NOT that I have the issue of wrong key mapping, but that I find reference to it way back in 2006, and this is 2010, and even the newest (beta) does not solve the issue?!

I am a IT consultant and if it as not for this known unresolved issue, I would recomend ZA products to clients, instead, due to lack of resolve and concern by ZA, I do not!

Just sad.

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

No. I think the sad thing may be that as an IT experienced user, who has tried the BETA, your not providing continued Feedback to the BETA Developers using the Bug Report BETA form, ( Available on the BETA Download Page) and continue to provide Feedback to the Developers??
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information