Thread: ZA locked

Hybrid View

CeliaRose Guest

Post ZA locked

Operating XP, renewed my ZA last month, cannot access my ZA site anymore. There is a red circle with a white x inside the circle that is sitting on part of the Z symbol, this will not go away with a restart, will not open ZA panel so I can check to see what is going on. If I close the Firefox session, I cannot reopen by clicking on the proper image. I have to restart the computer in order to start a new internet connection.

I know only the basics about computers, I cannot gain access to a support "live chat" person in order to ask them what this red circle with the white x on the ZoneAlarm Z means. Anyone know how I can get in touch with ZoneAlarm by email, or have a telephone number for them?

Many Thanks!

Default Re: ZA locked

Quote Originally Posted by CeliaRose View Post
    I cannot gain access to a support "live chat" person in order to ask them what this red circle with the white x on the ZoneAlarm Z means.
    What exactly is the error while trying to access live chat? What you describe indicates that your ZA is corrupted. It can depend on many different factors:

- malware infections
    - conflicts with other software installed
    - forced shutdown of the PC (cold shutdown)
    - Corrupted or bad settings
    - etc...

Please post your specifications, may be other users will be able to better help you. Here we are all users trying to help each other, more info you give more likely they will be incentivated to help

OP? XP? SP? VISTA?
    ZA Suite?
    ZAPRO?
    ZA Extreme

Version 7? 8? 9?

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Smile Re: ZA locked

Quote Originally Posted by CeliaRose View Post
    Operating XP, renewed my ZA last month, cannot access my ZA site anymore. There is a red circle with a white x inside the circle that is sitting on part of the Z symbol, this will not go away with a restart, will not open ZA panel so I can check to see what is going on. If I close the Firefox session, I cannot reopen by clicking on the proper image. I have to restart the computer in order to start a new internet connection.

I know only the basics about computers, I cannot gain access to a support "live chat" person in order to ask them what this red circle with the white x on the ZoneAlarm Z means. Anyone know how I can get in touch with ZoneAlarm by email, or have a telephone number for them?

Many Thanks!

I agree with Guru Fax,

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

=============
    The usual fix for the "red circle with the white x on the ZoneAlarm Z means."

is to try a Database Reset.

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

I would suggest a Reset of your ZA Database.

The database could be corrupt.Try resetting this way.
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Here is a Link to another Users Fix for this problem..

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...larm+Tray+icon
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information