Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zonealarm breaking winsock, losing network connectivity in win7x64

BrandonBarber Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm breaking winsock, losing network connectivity in win7x64

I have exactly the same problem with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and home. The only difference is that there are no errors or warnings to help identify the cause.

I use the Internet Security Suite 9.1.603.000, three PC license

The three affected machines are a new HP Pavillion laptop, old desktop with ASUS crosshair motherboard, new desktop with gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7.

Symptoms: PCs start ok and have network connectivity. After some time (anywhere from 60 seconds to an hour) the network drops out and the machine locks up - can not start or use explorer, iexplore or firefox.
    "net use" reports that drives are reconnecting. It is not possible to disconnect the drives.
    The machines can not be shutdown safely. You must hold down the power button or unplug it.

As this affects three completely different machines with different hardware and cpus my solution was to uninstall zonealarm and install an alternative firewall. It is obvious that there is an incompatibility between ZA and Windows 7

Default Re: Zonealarm breaking winsock, losing network connectivity in win7x64

You are mistaken..

ZA 9.x is completely compatible with Windows 7..

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

I have had no problem installing ZASS & ZA Extreme on Three of my Windows 7 Computer, All Diferent Brands and Different CPU, Both 32 Bit and 64bit Windows 7 Computers..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you have a Valid ZA License Key and still want Help installing Zone Alarm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit you may Click on the Tech Support Live Chat link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information