Thread: ccmain.exe

zcxvxzcvxzcvxzv Guest

Default ccmain.exe

Zonealarm finds 8 trojans and disenfects. But I still have a problem with this ccmain.exe that got installed, slipped right past ZoneAlarm.

After I boot up and scan it finds the same 8 trojans, every time. I can't figure out how to uninstall...anyone?

Thank you,
    Z

Post Re: ccmain.exe

Quote Originally Posted by zcxvxzcvxzcvxzv View Post
    Zonealarm finds 8 trojans and disenfects. But I still have a problem with this ccmain.exe that got installed, slipped right past ZoneAlarm.

After I boot up and scan it finds the same 8 trojans, every time. I can't figure out how to uninstall...anyone?

Thank you,
    Z
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

no security product can cover 100% of the threat out there. However with a correct setup and good education you can avoid most of the potential issues.

First be sure you are running the latest version of the ZA Security. Latest versions are published here. Every new version add new feature against latest threats. Then set ZA antivirus update frequency to lowest level (30 minutes). Just few minutes can make the difference between been infected and been protected

Ensure the ZA program control is the to MAX. Always mind about ZA popup windows warning you about suspicious behavior. Don't just allow everything without reading. If you have ZA Extreme, turn ON forcefield virtualization.

Do not overlap security tool one over the other. It is likely to cause conflicts behind the scene with application fighting for resources and blocking each other. End result less security and difficulties in case of infections. Remove any other security tool you have installed to the exception of the free tools suggested here.

Finally, if you encounter new non recognized viruses please send it in a password protected zip to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: virus. Include password in the e-mail.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: ccmain.exe

Hi!
    please follow the cleaning procedure suggested here:
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

Only valid if you have latest version 9 installed.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information