Thread: Must restart Outlook, Outlook Express or MS Mail

azism Guest

Unhappy Must restart Outlook, Outlook Express or MS Mail

When logging into my account, I get an dialog box/message that tells me that I must restart my Outlook, Outlook Express or Microsoft Mail for my junk filter to work. Well, there is one problem here, I don't use ANY of those products. For my email I am using Incredimail 2, nothing at all from Microsoft. Why does this dialog box always pop up and how can I stop it it from bugging me?

I am currently using Microsoft 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition for my OS. There is no email software included with this OS and I do not have MS Office or MS Outlook even installed on my computer.

Why isn't this obvious to ZoneAlarm?

Default Re: Must restart Outlook, Outlook Express or MS Mail

Hi!
    weird problem, not a common issue. Don't know what the e-mail client does to confuse the filter. Anyway, Sonicwall Spam filter in ZA does not support incredimail, you could simply go to ZA e-mail protection section and turn OFF the Junk mail filter. This should do it (you may need to reboot the PC)

See here

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

azism Guest

So, are you saying that the only email programs that are then supported by ZoneAlarm are M$ programs? I don't like that at all.

garywa Guest

Quoting from the ZA Help file, there are 2 situations - outbound and inbound:

1. "Outbound MailSafe protection works with any e-mail application that uses SMTP."

2. "The Junk E-mail filter supports Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express (both referred to in this document simply as "Outlook")."

Of course, with the later versions of Windows, Outlook Express is going away.

EDIT: In addition, most email clients include attachment scanning as explained in this ZA 9.X release history note:

Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release.
    Last edited by garywa; February 17th, 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added note from ZA release history

Quote Originally Posted by azism View Post
    So, are you saying that the only email programs that are then supported by ZoneAlarm are M$ programs? I don't like that at all.
    No, I am saying that ZA Antispam does not support Incredimail. Sorry if my previous message was not clear enough.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information