Thread: [SOLVED] Boinc/World Community Grid --> Not a ZA issue

oneal Guest

Default [SOLVED] Boinc/World Community Grid --> Not a ZA issue

Using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and having problems when system goes into sleep/standby mode...it hangs with a dark screen.

When I use the mouse or keyboard nothing happens at first, then after a few minutes I very briefly get some kind of ZoneAlarm Alert that indicates some kind of alert for my screen saver…Which is the Boinc/World Community Grid screen saver.

I tried using the mouse or keyboard again nothing happens…system still hangs with a dark screen. I must power down and re-start until the next time the system goes into sleep/standby mode again…the same thing happens.

The system is Dell XPS Studio 435MT, running 64-bit Vista.

Hope someone can help with this problem everything was fine under McAfee Security, but after un-installing McAfee and in-stalling ZoneAlarm I am having this problem. (I did run McAfee’s “Clean-uninstall” after the initial un-install).

Thanks,
    Neal

Smile Re: Boinc/World Community Grid

Quote Originally Posted by oneal View Post
    Using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and having problems when system goes into sleep/standby mode...it hangs with a dark screen.

When I use the mouse or keyboard nothing happens at first, then after a few minutes I very briefly get some kind of ZoneAlarm Alert that indicates some kind of alert for my screen saver…Which is the Boinc/World Community Grid screen saver.

I tried using the mouse or keyboard again nothing happens…system still hangs with a dark screen. I must power down and re-start until the next time the system goes into sleep/standby mode again…the same thing happens.

The system is Dell XPS Studio 435MT, running 64-bit Vista.

Hope someone can help with this problem everything was fine under McAfee Security, but after un-installing McAfee and in-stalling ZoneAlarm I am having this problem. (I did run McAfee’s “Clean-uninstall” after the initial un-install).

Thanks,
    Neal

Sorry that your experiencing a problem?

1.) What versuion of ZA Extreme?
    You may want to Upgrade to the New Zone Alarm Extreme Security Ver. 10.0.240

2.) What version of Boinc.
    3.) is this the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Boinc?
    4.) it may also be a configuration problem in the Boinc Manage, there are two "snooze" configuration options? or possibly a Conflict with your Graphics card driver?

I have the new Boinc 6.12.26 (64x) installed in 64-bit mode using the default settings running smoothly with no conlict with the New ZA Extreme ver. 10 on Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit OS..
    with Intel i5 Quad Core CPU.. Nvidia Video Card.

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

oneal Guest

Default Re: Boinc/World Community Grid

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry...this is a old post...problem was not ZoneAlarm, it had to do with the system's power management.

Everything is working fine.

Smile Re: Boinc/World Community Grid

Thank you very much for reporting back how you resolved the issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am closing this thread. You may PM me in case you need to post additional info.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information