Thread: UAC alert on boot

cyclopsslayer Guest

Default UAC alert on boot

Fairly minor unless I am not in attendance at boot. But everytime I boot the UAC pops up an alert window I need manually accept ZA's launch.
    I would prefer not turning off the UAC entirely, so is there a was to get the UAC to recognize that ZA is authorised as default?

ZA: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.603.000
    Comp: Home built desktop. Core i7 875, ASUS P7P55D-E (bios 1101), 4GB DDR3 1600, HD 250GB system, 2x 500GB (raid), SoundBlaster X-Fi audio.
    Other Security: none

Default Re: UAC alert on boot

Hi!

Normally it should not ask it. Never ever asked it here on win7. It seems to me a non default install of win 7 or may be an upgrade from an existing OS (VISTA)? Did you install ZA from an administrator account? I never heard of this problem on standard install. May be you are using a non default UAC level or ad-hoc settings? Running ZA from a shortcut instead of default settings controlled by the ZA console?

Ideally you should start from a clean installation of windows 7 (no upgrade or resets or keeping existing data). I doubt it could help but you could try to fully remove ZAX 9.1 (WIN7 control panel --> uninstall a program) and install a fresh copy of ZAX.

May be, before installing ZA, clean your registry and temp file with ccleaner (fully free and very solid).

Also note that ZA Extreme does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avast free, NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Rising, PC Doctor, MS Security Essential, AVIRA and many others. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should. Double check you have really removed all other security tools by running this utility http://www.appremover.com/

The latest ZAX version is 9.3.xxx.xxx that you find here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Ensure you are using an account with full administrative rights all along the installing process including re-booting.

Finally I warmly suggests that, for further troubleshooting the issue (that seems long standing and never solved), you contact the official ZA technical support, it is free of charge for registered users, they are the only ones able to troubleshoot and log your issue.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 2nd, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information