Thread: What is downloading?

nm_rancher Guest

Default What is downloading?

I'm using ZA Pro, and I would like to know if there is any way to tell what is downloading. Many times I see the ZA tool bar icon busy when i am not doing anything, and I would like to know what application is causing the download and where it is going.
    Thanks for your interest and help.

Smile Re: What is downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by nm_rancher View Post
    I'm using ZA Pro, and I would like to know if there is any way to tell what is downloading. Many times I see the ZA tool bar icon busy when i am not doing anything, and I would like to know what application is causing the download and where it is going.
    Thanks for your interest and help.
    1.) What version of ZA Pro? ver. 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 9.1

2.) What Version of Windows? and is it Fully Updated with all Microsoft Updates and Service Packs?

3.) is your computer on a LAN or behind a Router? with Broadband or Cable?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nm_rancher Guest

Default Re: What is downloading?

I'm using ZA Pro, version 9.1.008.00, with Windows Vista, and broadband DSL.
    I am not having any problems. I am trying to identify what is downloading from the internet onto my computer when I am not doing anything. I can see the Z logo on my task/tool bar showing that something is being downloaded, but I don't know how to tell what program/application is doing the download. I was hoping that I could tell from my ZA application.

Post Re: What is downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by nm_rancher View Post
    I'm using ZA Pro, version 9.1.008.00, with Windows Vista, and broadband DSL.
    I am not having any problems. I am trying to identify what is downloading from the internet onto my computer when I am not doing anything. I can see the Z logo on my task/tool bar showing that something is being downloaded, but I don't know how to tell what program/application is doing the download. I was hoping that I could tell from my ZA application.

This Sounds like Harmless Background noise

There is a lot of Harmless Background chatter going on between Windows and your DSL,, the Same thing goe on between a Computer and a Router or Cable Modem, especially if there is more than One Computer connected on a Local LAN network in a home that has several Computers using the same DSL..

Nothing to worry about..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nm_rancher Guest

Default Re: What is downloading?

Thanks for looking into it.

Smile Re: What is downloading?

Your Welcome..

Thread Information