Thread: SecurityTools Malware

rcr Guest

Default SecurityTools Malware

why didn't my ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite stop Security Tools from infecting my computer

Default Re: SecurityTools Malware

Hello,
    no security product can cover 100% of the threat out there. However with a correct setup and good education you can avoid most of the potential issues.

First be sure you are running the latest version of the ZA Security. Latest versions are published here. Every new version add new feature against latest threats. Then set ZA antivirus update frequency to lowest level (30 minutes). Just few minutes can make the difference between been infected and been protected

Ensure the ZA program control is the to MAX. Always mind about ZA popup windows warning you about suspicious behavior. Don't just allow everything without reading. If you have ZA Extreme, turn ON forcefield virtualization.

Do not overlap security tool one over the other. It is likely to cause conflicts behind the scene with application fighting for resources and blocking each other. End result less security and difficulties in case of infections. Remove any other security tool you have installed to the exception of the free tools suggested here.

Finally, if you encounter new non recognized viruses please send it in a password protected zip to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: virus. Include password in the e-mail.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rcr Guest

thanks fax
    i'll check my settings and make the changes you recommended -rcr

You're welcome!
    If you have not yet removed it, please see here below how to clean your PC.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

MBAM should be good to remove it then you can use Hitman Pro to check your system

Fax
    Last edited by fax; February 14th, 2010 at 09:04 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

courdar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hello,
    no security product can cover 100% of the threat out there. However with a correct setup and good education you can avoid most of the potential issues.

First be sure you are running the latest version of the ZA Security. Latest versions are published here. Every new version add new feature against latest threats. Then set ZA antivirus update frequency to lowest level (30 minutes). Just few minutes can make the difference between been infected and been protected

Ensure the ZA program control is the to MAX. Always mind about ZA popup windows warning you about suspicious behavior. Don't just allow everything without reading. If you have ZA Extreme, turn ON forcefield virtualization.

Do not overlap security tool one over the other. It is likely to cause conflicts behind the scene with application fighting for resources and blocking each other. End result less security and difficulties in case of infections. Remove any other security tool you have installed to the exception of the free tools suggested here.

Finally, if you encounter new non recognized viruses please send it in a password protected zip to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: virus. Include password in the e-mail.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Haven't used ZA for a while. Does ZA free firewall play nice with MSE? I'm not a huge fan of MS built-in firewall due to only one way protection but I had some issues several years ago with ZA.

After getting hit by another drive-by today I want to try it out again if it works well with the MS Security Essentials which I think think saved my rear-end.

Thread Information