Thread: Windows 7 64bit Blue Screen error progressing

highdt Guest

Default Windows 7 64bit Blue Screen error progressing

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, I have had Zonealarm Pro 2010 running for the last couple months. I am running seperate antivirus software (f-prot) and disabled realtime monitoring of the Windows Defender. The above config was a result of getting BSOD errors every now and then. Lately the errors got worse and to the point I had to do something. After removing my other security software (blue screens continued) only Zonealarm was left, I uninstalled Zonealarm Pro 2010 and the BSOD went away....I decided to verify this after running my system a couple days without the Zonealarm then installing it again...the error came back within a few hours.

Has anybody else experienced this? I truly want Zonealarm to run and would love to get an update or instructions to get this running.

Thanks

Default Re: Windows 7 64bit Blue Screen error progressing

Hi!
    please contact ZA technical support directly (we are all users here), explain the issue and you testing. They may need to collect from you relevant logs to diagnose the origin of the problem.

Link to technical support in my signature. Best to contact them when they are online.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

toner Guest

any update from tech support?

I use the full features of ZA Extreme Security with Win7 pro x64, and my computer started getting blue screens a LOT all of a sudden for no reason, then my girlfriends computer started getting them the next day, also running Win7 pro x64.

I uninstalled ZA on both of the computers and the problem went away. Definately a ZA issue, must have updated or something, not a surprise to me.

~~Snip~~ , the last problem wouldn't allow access to the internet and you had to uninstall and re-download the version before the update and wait for a fix. I just renewed for another year and I love ZA, but if I keep having this BS happen every few months, I'm getting something else. C'mon now, get it togeather...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 1st, 2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: off topic comments

Quote Originally Posted by toner View Post
    Did you reported it to ZA technical support?

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

toner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Did you reported it to ZA technical support?
    I missed their "Limited Weekend Hours" and their weekday hours are **** for anyone that actually works a normal day job since you pretty much need to be at your computer to give them information.

I also own a bodyshop and run ZA extreme on all the computers there (8), but everything has been fine running XP (except that one internet blackout update they did), maybe I can get right through? hehheh.

I'll see if they can give me any info, but not being at the computers ZA finds a problem with I doubt it.

Post Re: Windows 7 64bit Blue Screen error progressing

Quote Originally Posted by toner View Post

I use the full features of ZA Extreme Security with Win7 pro x64, and my computer started getting blue screens a LOT all of a sudden for no reason, then my girlfriends computer started getting them the next day, also running Win7 pro x64.

I uninstalled ZA on both of the computers and the problem went away. Definately a ZA issue, must have updated or something, not a surprise to me.

~~Snip~~ , the last problem wouldn't allow access to the internet and you had to uninstall and re-download the version before the update and wait for a fix. I just renewed for another year and I love ZA, but if I keep having this BS happen every few months, I'm getting something else. C'mon now, get it togeather...
    I agree with Guru Fax, Have you ever Reported the full details of your Computer hardware, Software Conflicts and problem to Tech Support..

*** NOTE: ZA may never devise a Fix for your particular problem, if they are not aware of the details of your particular problem, if they don't know about it or can not duplicate the problem, they are not likely to have a Fix for it in the next update..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you have a Valid ZA license key, Please Contact Tech Support live Chat Directly..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 1st, 2010 at 06:39 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

toner Guest

Tech support said to try the beta version.

"Right it was around October 2009. I know development has been looking at error logs that our users have submitted and have fixed quite a few issues in the beta. If you'd like to try it, it is available at http://www.zonealarm.com/beta ."

Looks like they are working on a new build.... ~snip~

thanks.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 7th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: offtopic

Thread Information