Thread: Web pages display briefly, then are blocked

boreas Guest

Question Web pages display briefly, then are blocked

Running ZA Internet Security Suite 9.1.008.000 with Win XP SP3 fully patched and Spyware Doctor 7.0.0.514

I have made no updates to any of them for several weeks, but there has been at least one automatic XP update.

For many months/years of using ZAPro and several months of using ZAI Security Suite and following web links successfully, this problem started about 2 weeks ago: When clicking on some links in (for example only, not necessarily a complete list) Google Alerts, e-mail, or ZDNet notifications, the web page displays for a fraction of a second, then something closes the page.

Granted I'm very cautious about tinkering with any of ZA's settings, but in checking them and in checking ZA 'Help' I have not found any clues about whether ZA is causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated: What to look for, what to look at, what settings to experiment with.

Many thanks!

garywa Guest

Default Re: Web pages display briefly, then are blocked

Strange My setup (see my sig) is similar to yours and I have not seen that problem.

What browser and version are you running?

I am not familiar with Spyware Doctor so I don't know if there may be a possible conflict or not. Is it an on-demand type scanner or does it load a driver at startup like ZASS does? You may want to try turning off or temporarily uninstalling Spyware Doctor just as a test.

Did you install the ZA Toolbar (ForceField) when you installed ZASS? I installed in on my laptop but not on my desktop.

I am running:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1012549056
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by garywa; February 26th, 2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Added ZA Toolbar question

Thread Information