Thread: cannot start up computer after installing zone alarm

harlequinn Guest

Question cannot start up computer after installing zone alarm

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. My Dad tried to download Zone alarm today, now when he now tries to start his computer up as normal, it brings up a box with a message about a problem with Zone alarm, and this freezes the whole computer making it impossible do anything or to go to system restore. Also he is now unable to go into safe mode or safe mode command prompt by pressing f8 it just brings up a list of driver and freezes. We are at a loss what to do and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Post Re: cannot start up computer after installing zone alarm

Quote Originally Posted by harlequinn View Post
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. My Dad tried to download Zone alarm today, now when he now tries to start his computer up as normal, it brings up a box with a message about a problem with Zone alarm, and this freezes the whole computer making it impossible do anything or to go to system restore. Also he is now unable to go into safe mode or safe mode command prompt by pressing f8 it just brings up a list of driver and freezes. We are at a loss what to do and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit),

your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1),

Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop Computer,

List any other Security Programs installed that may have Conflicted with the Install of Zone Alarm?.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

harlequinn Guest

Default Re: cannot start up computer after installing zone alarm

sorry have realised how vague that first post sounds. Unfortunately I think reading all the other questions about this topic. that my dad probably had windows firewall as well, even though I do think he would have had it disabled. (He used zone alarm before and wanted to use it again). So this is probably causing problems on start up when both firewalls try to start.
    The problem now is that we cannot get on at all to remove anything using any tools as start menu just freezes. and we cannot get safe mode to work even safe mode command prompt to begin a system restore.
    He is on windows xp, I would think he downloaded the free version of Zone alarm but I do not know what number (it will have been the most recent). And he has a desktop.
    Thanks again.

Default Re: cannot start up computer after installing zone alarm

Hi harlequinn,

Does Last Known Good Configuration work?

a message about a problem with Zone alarm
    Can you give the full details of this message? To the letter.

chiaz

Thread Information