Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

unicat Guest

Default Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

Every time I try to install, it gets to the configuring part than freezes my whole computer & I am not able to do anything, not even shut it down properly. I once got it to the part where it told me I had to restart computer, this was after I had to manually turn my computer off by the power button on the tower, but once computer restarted & zonealarm started up again the computer froze. Like I said when it freezes I am not able to do anything except turning off the computer by holding power button down on the tower & this is not a correct way to be shutting my computer down.

I was trying to install the free firewall version. I am running Windows 7, 32-bit.
    Last edited by unicat; March 1st, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

Post Re: Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

Quote Originally Posted by unicat View Post
    Every time I try to install, it gets to the configuring part than freezes my whole computer & I am not able to do anything, not even shut it down properly. I once got it to the part where it told me I had to restart computer, this was after I had to manually turn my computer off by the power button on the tower, but once computer restarted & zonealarm started up again the computer froze. Like I said when it freezes I am not able to do anything except turning off the computer by holding power button down on the tower & this is not a correct way to be shutting my computer down.

I was trying to install the free version. I am running Windows 7, 32-bit.
    Only ZA 9.1 is compatiblw with Windows 7

ZA 9.1 Now Windows 7 32/64bit compatible
    Also compatible with XP 32bit and Vista 32/64bit

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (9.1.008.000)
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (9.1.008.000)
    ZoneAlarm Pro (9.1.008.000)
    ZoneAlarm Antivirus (9.1.008.000)

NOTE: You must download the correct product which you have previously purchased or are licensed for. If you install and your software says it in a 15 day trial, then you have downloaded and installed software which you are not licensed for and must uninstall or you must input your license key or purchase the product when the 15 day trail runs out.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

unicat Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

The version I was trying to install was Version 9.1.007 which says it is windows 7 compatible.
    I got it right off zonealarms website which takes you to cnet to download. This is the free firewall version & if you look that version IS 9.1.007
    Last edited by unicat; March 1st, 2010 at 08:52 AM.

The version I was trying to install was Version 9.1.007 which says it is windows 7 compatible.
    1.) ZA Free Basic 9.1.007.002? is Windows 7 32/64 Bit compatible, provided that you not running an Old Beta version of Window 7 or Win7 RC..

2.) Provided you don't also have a pre-installed Trial Firewall from McAfee or Symantec/Norton..

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 1st, 2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV

unicat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    1.) ZA Free Basic 9.1.007.002? is Windows 7 32/64 Bit compatible, provided that you not running an Old Beta version of Window 7 or Win7 RC..

2.) Provided you don't also have a pre-installed Trial Firewall from McAfee or Synmantec/Norton..

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time.
    I am not using 2 firewalls, I currently have windows firewall on just to have something.
    I am not using a beta version of windows 7 either I just bought it a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by unicat; March 1st, 2010 at 09:00 AM.

Cool Re: Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

I am not using 2 firewalls, I currently have windows firewall on just to have something.
    In that case, if you prefer Windows Firewall, I suggest that you Uninstalling ZA Firewall..

use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)
    GeorgeV

unicat Guest

Zone Alarm is not installed that is the problem I can not get it installed all the way & I have already uninstalled what it was able to install. I don't want windows firewall that was why I was trying to get Zone Alarm

Smile Re: Zone Alarm freezing computer when installing

Zone Alarm is not installed that is the problem I can not get it installed all the way & I have already uninstalled what it was able to install. I don't want windows firewall that was why I was trying to get Zone Alarm
    Then you still have some Malware or 3rd party Security program installed that is Blocking Zone Alarm from being installed..

1.) Double check you have really removed all other security tools by running this utility
    http://www.appremover.com/

2.) Check the system for malware. Check with MBAM and SuperAntispyware. See links here:
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

3.) Clean your system and registry with ccleaner.com
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    GeorgeV

unicat Guest

Isn't that going to remove my anti-virus program. I need that. Zone alarm that I am trying to install is just a firewall nothing else, so I still need my anti-virus & spyware programs.

I am going to be specific about what is happening when I try to install Zone Alarm Firewall Version 9.1.007:
    I turn off windows firewall.
    I download Zone Alarm Firewall Version 9.1.007 from cnet.
    It goes to install & makes it to 72%.
    It then says configuring Zone Alarm.
    It is then that my computer totally freezes.
    The only thing I can do is hold the power button down on the tower to shut the computer off. I then turn it back on.
    The computer then freezes again upon start up.
    I then again have to hold button down to shut computer off. I then restart it again, but this time in Safe Mode, so I could get to the uninstall of zone alarm. I then uninstall it & restart my computer & it is back to working fine, then I have to turn windows firewall back on.
    I have tried this whole process 3 times, even using the removal tool from zone alarm. I can not get this to install correctly & without freezing my computer.

unicat Guest

I did try that app remover & it only shows the security products that I need like my anti-virus & spyware programs. It does not show any firewalls at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information