Thread: Zone Alarm loads after other applications at startup

Threaded View

MosheB Guest

Exclamation Zone Alarm loads after other applications at startup

When I boot my computer (Win XP), other applications load before Zone Alarm, including the wireless Internet connection and applications that access the Internet which I have set Zone Alarm to block.

Zone Alarm eventually does load, after which it blocks those applications, but in the time before Zone alarm has loaded, they have full Internet access -- and they can and do access the Internet before Zone Alarm loads. This is a serious security vulnerability of Zone Alarm.

Ideally, the firewall should be the first application that loads on startup, even before an Internet connection is established, or at least before other applications load.

My work-around is to physically disconnect my computer from the Internet and restore the connection only after Zone Alarm has loaded and is active. This is not ideal, however, because it creates the annoyance of Zone Alarm thinking that a "new network" has been added and nagging me about it.

Is there a fix for this?
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; March 15th, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Not a true security vulnerability in ZA so removing that incorrect statement from title.

Thread Information