Thread: ZA Free w/Growing tvdebug problem

aliasjb Guest

Default ZA Free w/Growing tvdebug problem

I have read through this entire thread and the control/shift/turn off seems to be the consensus. But has anyone figured out the basic cause of the problem? I am also running Stopzilla. Could there be a compatibility issue? My ZA is version 9.1.007. The tvdebug file is growing at approximately 90 mb/hour.

Post Re: How to fix huge, growing tvdebug.log and CPU usage of zlclient.exe

I moved your Post into a seperate Thrend to Prevent you from "HI-JACKING" another users Request for Help..

Yup, the Fix for TVdebug has been discussed extensively in several topics post.

The Reason sor "Tvdebug" is to allow ZA Tech support to have the Detailed Logs needed to solve problems for users of the paid products..

The only two methods of stoping the growth of the "Tvdebug" file are..
    1.) Turn off the Debug mode, or 2.) Uninstall ZA Free and try some other Free Firewall program..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 10th, 2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Edited Responce to Hi-Jacked post
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garywa Guest

Default Re: ZA Free w/Growing tvdebug problem

Quote Originally Posted by aliasjb View Post
    I have read through this entire thread and the control/shift/turn off seems to be the consensus. But has anyone figured out the basic cause of the problem? I am also running Stopzilla. Could there be a compatibility issue? My ZA is version 9.1.007. The tvdebug file is growing at approximately 90 mb/hour.
    Speaking for myself, I do not know the basic cause. I have no idea how to read the log file. As I posted in another related topic:

Quote Originally Posted by garywa View Post
    Most likely, yes. Something is causing the logging. But, there have been other topics here discussing the logging level upon install of ZA being set to High. I'm not sure if this was ever confirmed by ZA tech support, but I think so. There are 2 debug levels that can be set - Default and High. There was discussion here that the debug level may have been set to High rather than Default.

I have turned Off debug on both my PCs to save CPU cycles. I haven't bothered trying to figure out why my PCs had the activity. I don't worry about it.

ZA tech support is the only one who can read and interpret the tvDebug.log file and the only time you would need to get involved with that file is if you were working with ZA tech support troubleshooting a specific problem and then they would provide you with detailed instructions on setting and submitting the log file.

Thread Information