Thread: zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

lasaboy Guest

Angry zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

I may just have to drop Zone as this is to much, I have the Pro edition and at this stage will not be buying it again unless I can rectify this

garywa Guest

Default Re: zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

This problem and its resolution has been posted several times. Try starting here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=73184

lasaboy Guest

Angry Re: zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

HI again
    That was a dead loss, I am running XP not Windows seven, in any case this is a nightmare I disabled zlclient in the services menu, the program is still running and at a higher CPU now, I think I will have to simply remove it and find a new firewall, it also keeps disabling my DVD and a number of other sections of my programs, I turn them on, it turns them off and disables them.
    I have always used Zone it has always been a great program with the exception of once where it disabled my online status in league with SP3, but that was easy fixed, this on the other hand is costing me money, hand over fist, I simply don't have the time for this to continue

garywa Guest

Forget that it says Windows 7. That just happened to be the first topic that showed up when I searched for 'zlclient'. I use WinXP and turning off the debug mode worked for me. Zlclient no longer takes up CPU cycles.

Try it.

lasaboy Guest

Unhappy Re: zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

Hi again I did try it, but the section does not come up for me to do anything, a box tries to come up but does not quite make it

garywa Guest

This should be the window that is displayed when you left-click the ZA icon in the system tray while pressing Ctrl+Shift and then select 'Set Debug Level' -

If this window does not appear, then you might have a corrupt installation of ZA. It may be best to do a clean uninstall and then re-install ZA to see if that fixes it.

Remember also, that once you are able to turn off Debug and click on the 'OK' button in the above window, you will need to reboot your PC for the change to take effect.
    Last edited by garywa; March 14th, 2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Added reboot step

lasaboy Guest

Wink Re: zlcleint using 38 to 52% of CPU

Thanks for that
    I will set it up tomorrow, I have just got the system up and running (again) third time, the graphics system was down, I have replaced my graphics card (doubled it's size and cap) my DVD and a few other parts, hopefully it will all come together now
    Blessings from Downunder
    Larry

Thread Information