Thread: HELP- problem with internet connection after moving from DSL to cable modem.

scopeon Guest

Default HELP- problem with internet connection after moving from DSL to cable modem.

Hi.
    I moved from ADSL to cable modem and I have a problem:

Once the cable modem synchronized it receive an IP from the cable company I added that network to the internet zone.
    I added my IPS's site (can't add IP as it changes from time to time) to the trusted zone so the dialer can access it, and once I dial and receive internet IP, this network (internet network) goes to the internet zone.

Problem is that if the internet zone security is set to "high" as it use to be with the ADSL my connection drops every few minutes and I have to redial .
    When I change the internet zone security to "Med" everything is OK.

What am I'm doing wrong ?
    How can I set the network so I will have the internet zone security back to high ?

Thanks

fatalerror Guest

Default Re: HELP- problem with internet connection after moving from DSL to cable modem.

Hi,

From what I can gather from other posts on this forum, your modem should be in the TRUSTED ZONE and not internet zone. The latter is for public areas (eg:airports, etc.)

Hope this helps....

scopeon Guest

Default Re: HELP- problem with internet connection after moving from DSL to cable modem.

thanks for the answer.
    with modem ad trusted zone all memders of the cable network will be able to share my computer resouces (all the cable subscribers are on the same VPN and from that VPN each one dial to his ISP , login and receive internet IP.)

Thread Information