Thread: Info?

bacchus Guest

Angry Info?

I have ZASS and it did a scan. The scan came back with 2 instances of malware that were rated HIGH: Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.bvrx and Trojan.Win32.Refroso.ihm. In each case, when I clicked "Learn more", I got "There are no matching records for Trojan.Win32.Refroso.ihm. Please try your search again." and "There are no matching records for Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.bvrx. Please try your search again." I want to know what these ARE before I delete the files they are embedded in. It's disturbing to have my bodyguard tell me to "kill that man" but when I ask why, he replies, "Don't know. Never heard of him."

I know, someone on here is going to offer to tell me what these threats are, but I'm paying ZA to do that, aren't I? This has been my problem throughout my subscription. If Checkpoint can't describe a threat it's identified, how can I trust it? Why even have a "Learn more" option?

Post Re: Info?

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

You can Cantact Tech Support Live Chat free of charge with a Valid ZA License key.. (Click the Tech Support link in my signature)

When Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

Please Post back here with your Progress Report
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Info?

Hi!
    may be what you ask was feasible few years ago but today literally hundreds of new viruses, malware, trojans, etc are added everyday.
    It is simply impossible to develop descriptions for all of them unless you prefer descriptions of viruses than detection

All information about detected malware by ZA is published here.
    If you google it you will find more information from other companies. For example, Here you find a description of a variant

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; March 16th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information