Thread: System restore failure

johnrambo18 Guest

Default System restore failure

I run Windows XP service pack 3, and System restore will not work - it says no changes made.
    There is some suspicion that Zone alarm may affect this - can anyone shed any light on this problem and suggest a solution please?

Post Re: System restore failure

Quote Originally Posted by johnrambo18 View Post
    I run Windows XP service pack 3, and System restore will not work - it says no changes made.
    There is some suspicion that Zone alarm may affect this - can anyone shed any light on this problem and suggest a solution please?

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

You have said what version of Windows you have, but nothing about your Computer Hardware, Software or Type and Version of Zone Alarm..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: System restore failure

Have you tried doing the system restore in safe mode?

Default Re: System restore failure

Quote Originally Posted by johnrambo18 View Post

You could try the following.In regular mode create an Undo restore point.Exit and reboot into Safe Mode and run System Restore in Safe Mode.

Note : While the computer is in safe mode, System Restore does not create any restore points. Therefore, you cannot undo a restoration that you performed when the computer was in safe mode.That's the reason for creating the Undo in regular mode in case you need to undo you're last restore.

Read this link also :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...509#post268509

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; March 20th, 2010 at 07:16 AM.

eliuri Guest

Question Re: System restore failure

Hello:

When I upgraded from ZASS 7.0.483.000 to ZASS 9.1.008.000, I found the same thing that johnrambo18 reported here. However, I was able to run System Restore via Safe Mode, though not in Normal Mode.

I went back to ZASS 7.0 to see if it corrects this. Oddly, System Restore now works in Normal Mode, but if I try it in Safe Mode I'm unable to get back into Normal Mode.

I find this odd indeed.

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3
    Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.483.000
    Dell OptiPlex GX 260
    Last edited by eliuri; March 23rd, 2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: typos

Thread Information