Hey GeorgeV & fax - I need a little help and guidance.

I just tried to download LastPass Password Manager (the WinXP version) directly from the company's website, lastpass dot com. When I did, ZASS gave an alarm that the file contained the virus Packed.Win32.Krap.w. I think it is a false positive. Clicking on 'More Info' brought up a ZA web page that had no information available. I selected 'Ignore Always' and finished the download, but have not executed the installation file until I can verify if the detection is real or false.

I downloaded the same file from my in-laws desktop which is wired to the router and runs another popular anti-virus program. No virus was detected when I downloaded it there.

I went to upload it to virustotal dot com per the false positive reporting instructions, but either there is a problem with the virustotal website or it is just overloaded. Most times the web page won't load (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage). A few times it did load, but I could never get the file to finish uploading. I again ended up with 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.' I checked my HOSTS file and virustotal is NOT listed, so it is not being blocked there.

I am using my wireless laptop - its config is in my signature. Below is my current ZASS info.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
Driver version:9.1.008.000
Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014002496
AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Can anyone else verify if they can get to the virustotal dot com website and does it appear to be acting normally?

Is anyone willing to try and download the LastPass program to see if you also get the virus detected?

I don't want to send this file to Kaspersky via email until I can verify it first at virustotal.