Thread: Zonealarm extreme problem with action center in windows 7 64 bit

Hybrid View

bryan8888 Guest

Unhappy Zonealarm extreme problem with action center in windows 7 64 bit

Hi everyone!

I have a totally fresh install of zonealarm extreme on my computer with windows 7 64 bit home premium. I have no other security softwares in my system. After I installed, the action center reported that it can find zonealarm extreme as a antivirus software and needs to update. However no spyware software has been found except windows defender( I already manually disabled windows defender). In other words, windows 7 action center can not recognize zonealarm extreme as a spyware software. What can I do?

I already uninstalled zonealarm extreme using removal tool provided by forum several times. Start a fresh install. but useless...

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 19th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Extreme, Windows Security Center

Not to worry; your situation is normal.

Windows Security Center will recognize ZA as: the "Firewall" and with ZA Suite/ Extreme - 'Virus protection/ Malware protection' will recognize ZA's anti-virus (by Kaspersky av); it may not recognize ZA's anti-spyware capabilities. WSC has a rather limited list of anti-spyware software that it will detect and list - anyhow, WSC monitoring feature is more of a convenience rather than a security mandate for proper pc functioning.

ZA's anti-virus scan engine will detect and scan for both virus, trojans and includes spyware, adware, riskware, etc. in one engine. As most anti-virus software will do the same.

If you wish to install separate anti-spyware - it can be done - it is not absolutely necessary to do so. You may re-activate Windows Defender or you may install other brands - you can ask 'us' and we can offer suggestions ('free' versions of "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" or "SUPERAntiSpyware" software)[ and again WSC - may not recognize these brands, too ].
    Last edited by naivemelody; March 20th, 2010 at 02:01 AM.

bryan8888 Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm extreme problem with action center in windows 7 64 bit

Hi naivemelody!

Thanks very very much for your detailed explanation. I am not sure whether it is a common issue around zonealarm extreme users because I did not find relevant posts from zonealarm extreme users in this forum.That is why I ask my questions here.

What antivirus software do you use?
    Last edited by bryan8888; March 19th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Extreme, Windows Security Center

Avira av. My WSC does not detect/ list Malwarebytes or SuperAnti-spyware even thou I "know" they're running fine. WSC does detect and list Avira for both 'Virus protection' and 'Spyware and other malware protection.'

__________________________________________________ _
    PS - please delete your duplicate post.
    Last edited by naivemelody; March 19th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.

Narxis Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm extreme problem with action center in windows 7 64 bit

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Zone Alarm Extreme Security beta version 9.1.180.000 and it says:

Windows Defender and Zone Alarm Extreme Security Anti-Spyware are turned on.

Maybe you should use the latest beta(9.1.180.000) version, it has a lots of fixes and it works great. No slowdowns, no problems.

Thread Information