Thread: Getting Errors when trying to install Zone alarm

T10ART55 Guest

Angry Getting Errors when trying to install Zone alarm

I need some help with this, the first time it was vsutil.dll error BEFORE install. (I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 2 'SP2')

Well I followed some directions on a website and deleted these items:

21.) Right Click the file Vsdatant.sys, click Delete, and choose Yes
    22.) Right Click the file VSUtil.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes
    23.) Right Click the file VSInit.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes 18.)

Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

(These items I deleted off, now it has another problem)

Notes: This is a different computer I'm posting on, and Zone alarm was already deleted off the other computer before I deleted the Items above.

Another Note: I can restore the system back to when Zone alarm was on it, but it will give the vsutil.dll Error.

(Directions)

Windows 2000/XP ============== 01.) Restart your computer 02.)
    When you see the screen go black and it starts booting back up keep tapping the "F8" key (at the top of your keyboard) 03.) This should bring up a menu. Choose Safe Mode off the menu by using the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter 04.) If you get a message asking to go to Safe Mode, choose Yes. If you get a help and support window, close this. 05.) Once you are at the desktop, Click Start, My Computer 06.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab 07.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" 08.)

Remove the check from "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)" 09.) Choose Yes to the warning 10.) Click OK 11.) Double click C: Note: In the future steps if you do not see any files or folders, please click the "Show Files" link to view them. 12.) Double Click the Program Files Folder 13.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes 14.) Close this window 15.) Click Start, My Computer 16.) Double Click the C: 17.) Double Click the Windows Folder (It may say WinNT if you have Windows 2000) 18.) Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes 19.) Double Click the System32 Folder 20.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes 21.) Right Click the file Vsdatant.sys, click Delete, and choose Yes 22.) Right Click the file VSUtil.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes 23.) Right Click the file VSInit.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes 24.) Restart the computer.

STEP 2: FIX THE ROOT CERTIFICATES ON YOUR SYSTEM Open Your browser and navigate to the following URL. Once at the web page follow the directions to reset your root certificates. https://getca.verisign.com/

STEP 3: DOWNLOAD AND REINSTALL INTEGRITY Once the installer has been downloaded to your desktop you can double click on the installer to install the software back on your computer. NOTE: If you receive the Validation errors again proceed to STEP 4.

STEP 4: RUN BACKUP ROOT CERTIFICATE REPAIR UTILITY Open your browser and navigate to the following URL. You will need to download the file and SAVE it to your desktop. Once downloaded double click on the program on your desktop to repair your root certificates. http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...n/rootsupd.exe Follow directions in STEP3 to install ZoneAlarm.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 21st, 2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: A big mess

Thread Information