Thread: Involuntary ZoneAlarm Shutdown

skrape Guest

Default Involuntary ZoneAlarm Shutdown

Longtime user of ZoneAlarm, I recently upgraded to the Extreme version. Hence, in my trust of ZoneAlarm, I have deactivated and uninstalled all other virus protection except the occasional use of CCleaner. I utilize Windows XP with IE8. Unfortunately, my trust in ZA is dwindling. Without any command from me, and without any notice from ZA, I often find that it has shutdown on its own. It is initialized on startup and it displays all is working fine most of the time. However, more times than I think comfortable, I look to the taskbar to see that it is no longer running and, therefore, I am not protected when I am expecting to be. There is no recurrent theme, no known trigger, and no reason for this. Anyone help?

Default Re: Involuntary ZoneAlarm Shutdown

Hi!
    this usually means your ZA is not installed correctly or the settings are corrupted. First try to reset the settings and if this fails, fully remove ZA and reinstall.

If you search the board you will find both directions for resetting the settings or reinstalling.

Note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Post Re: Involuntary ZoneAlarm Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by skrape View Post
    Longtime user of ZoneAlarm, I recently upgraded to the Extreme version. Hence, in my trust of ZoneAlarm, I have deactivated and uninstalled all other virus protection except the occasional use of CCleaner. I utilize Windows XP with IE8. Unfortunately, my trust in ZA is dwindling. Without any command from me, and without any notice from ZA, I often find that it has shutdown on its own. It is initialized on startup and it displays all is working fine most of the time. However, more times than I think comfortable, I look to the taskbar to see that it is no longer running and, therefore, I am not protected when I am expecting to be. There is no recurrent theme, no known trigger, and no reason for this. Anyone help?
    Unfortunately your not providing very much information about your computer, version of Windoes, ot version of ZA Extreme for the users of this Forum to Diagnose you problem..

For example, Windows 7 now Hides Tray Icons by default..,
    or you may just have a Corrupted Install of ZA Extreme?
    or possibly a corrupted Configuration Database?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information