Thread: Win7 not off.. Zone Alarm automaticly Turns OFF Windows firewall.

Hybrid View

tee8 Guest

Default Win7 not off.. Zone Alarm automaticly Turns OFF Windows firewall.

I have learned the hardway while trying to use a p2p program that just would not work that when Windows Firewall is turned off from the Windows Firewall Security screen, it is not actually off. The only way to truly turn it off is to enter msconfig.exe, Services, and uncheck the Windows Firewall box. Running diag it kept showing Windows Firewall automatic and running eventhough turned off from the Security screen.. turning off Services solved it.

Now my questions is without the Service turned off while running Zone Alarm, there didn't seem to be any conflict. I don't understand that and am now reluctant to turn off the Service. If I am running ZA with the Win FW Service turned off, am I protected?

Thanks.

sorry made a mistake on the header.. but can't edit.. wanted to say "Win 7 Firewall not off...."
    Last edited by tee8; March 23rd, 2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: crap wanted to edit header.. can't

Post Re: Win7 not off.. ZA impact

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another.
    --------------------------------------------------------

When Zone Alarm is Installed and Running, Zone Alarm automaticly Turns OFF Windows firewall.

You can Only have One firewall and One Anti-Virus Running at the same time, otherwise Both will Conflict with each other, or Block each other, Resulting in LESS protection..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, some Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information