Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme shuts down

GIGEM18 Guest

Default Zone Alarm Extreme shuts down

Once a week or so, right after starting my computer, I notice that zone alarm is up and running and then a windows warning comes up (the red x type) telling me that Zone Alarm isn't running and sure enough Zone Alarm has shut down, I instantly restart it and it comes right back up and runs fine.

I have kept up with virus scans and updates, any thoughts?

Thanks

Smile Re: Zone Alarm Extreme shuts down

Quote Originally Posted by GIGEM18 View Post
    Once a week or so, right after starting my computer, I notice that zone alarm is up and running and then a windows warning comes up (the red x type) telling me that Zone Alarm isn't running and sure enough Zone Alarm has shut down, I instantly restart it and it comes right back up and runs fine.

Thanks
    Welcome to The Za User Forum..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

GIGEM18 Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme shuts down

Thanks for the quick response!

Zone Alarm Extreme Version 9.1.008.000
    Dell Dimension XPS_GEN_2
    Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
    3.19 GHz 2.00 GB Ram

Desktop

Smile Re: Zone Alarm Extreme shuts down

Thanks
    Thank you for your Feedback..

Firewall Drivers
    Please note that the ZA firewall drivers are loaded before you log in to the PC, much earlier than the GUI (the one you see loading late).

Broken WSC

To fix issue with the broken repository of the windows security center (WSC) you need to:

1. Remove all security tools (antivirus, firewall, antispyware)
    2. Run this resetting utility (save on desktop, right click on it and "Run as administrator)

3. Turn ON Windows Firewall
    4. Check WSC reports correctly the presence of the windows firewall and NO antivirus

5. Install back ZA. Check WSC is reporting it correctly.
    6. Install the rest

If you still have problem and you are licensed user please contact ZA technical support directly. Link in my signature.
    GeorgeV

GIGEM18 Guest

Thanks, I'll give that a try this weekend.

I'm sorry to be a little slow, but would you please clarify one point? When you say remove firewall, antivirus etc, do you mean uninstall or turn off (I think you mean uninstall due to how I am reading the rest of the e-mail, but I wanted to be sure to do this correctly).

Thanks again

Thanks, I'll give that a try this weekend.

I'm sorry to be a little slow, but would you please clarify one point? When you say remove firewall, antivirus etc, do you mean uninstall or turn off (I think you mean uninstall due to how I am reading the rest of the e-mail, but I wanted to be sure to do this correctly).

Thanks again

Ok Here is a Clearification of the ZA Firewall part..

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, some Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back here with your Progress Report
    GeorgeV

Thread Information