Thread: Installed over the top

Hybrid View

Default Installed over the top

Installed new ZoneAlarm Security Suite.Untick / Uncheck Load at startup.Reboot and install over the top.Install without issues.None with ForceField (standalone) version 1.5.53.49 or Firefox/3.6.2.

Looking very good so far.Will post if I encouner any issues later on.

Have a nice Day

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.507.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.507.000
    Driver version:9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014720320
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

garywa Guest

Default Re: Installed over the top

I had gotten in the habit of using the clean removal tool for past updates, but this time I decided to follow your lead and install over the top (on my laptop) just as you described.

The install went off without a hitch. Now, I'll just watch how things go for the next few days.

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014727936

Smile Re: Installed over the top

I did the same proceedure with the same results with the new ZA Extreme..

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.507.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014725888
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.114
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.080
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garywa Guest

Thumbs up Re: Installed over the top

To quote Yogi Berra, "Déjà Vu All Over Again" - I followed the same procedure to upgrade my desktop system. Again, installed without a hitch.

So between us, we are 4 for 4 with successful upgrades without having to uninstall first.

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014727936

EDIT: I chose not to install the ZA Toolbar (ForceField) on either of my systems.
    Last edited by garywa; March 27th, 2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added note regarding ZA Toolbar

When I install over the top it didn't ask to install ZA Toolbar.Most likely saw ForceField (standalone) installed.

Have a nice Day

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014725888

garywa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    When I install over the top it didn't ask to install ZA Toolbar.Most likely saw ForceField (standalone) installed.
    Most likely, that is the case. One of the windows during the install on both PCs had a checkbox to install the ZA Toolbar, which I unchecked along with adding the Desktop Icon.

doodles Guest

I too installed the new ZAISS over the old and it seems fine. I do have a question. I recently moved to a new Windows 7 64 bit PC. I found that the ZA toolbar was causing problems. I like to keep a lot of tabs open and when I re-booted and tried to re-open last browsing session in IE8, sometimes one or more tabs would not re-open. When I disabled the toolbar the problem was fixed. I see this new ZAISS version has Browser Security built into the main program. Does this take the place of the toolbar, or do I need to re-start the toolbar and hope this update fixed the probem? What am I missing if I don't enable the toolbar?

Thanks.

doodles Guest

Well, I have done some playing around. It looks like Browser Security IS the toolbar...you can turn it on and off in ZAISS. I re-enabled it in IE8 and the toolbar was back. The toolbar settings are the same settings as in ZAISS' Browser security. The good news is it is not causing the same problems so far when I re-open last browser tabs. The bad news is it is not working...I have downloaded files and ZA does not popup to check the download. The Protection Activity count is stuck at 43 downloads.

UPDATE:

I uninstalled ZA using the cpes.exe clean uninstaller and re-installed. Still, Browser Security is not scanning any downloads. What now?

Something else is happening too...some of my desktop gadgets are now displaying on top of IE8. if this persists, I will have to rollback to the previous version of ZA.
    Last edited by doodles; March 27th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Smile Re: Installed over the top

Quote Originally Posted by doodles View Post
    Well, I have done some playing around. It looks like Browser Security IS the toolbar...you can turn it on and off in ZAISS. I re-enabled it in IE8 and the toolbar was back. The toolbar settings are the same settings as in ZAISS' Browser security. The good news is it is not causing the same problems so far when I re-open last browser tabs. The bad news is it is not working...I have downloaded files and ZA does not popup to check the download. The Protection Activity count is stuck at 43 downloads.

UPDATE:

I uninstalled ZA using the cpes.exe clean uninstaller and re-installed. Still, Browser Security is not scanning any downloads. What now?

Something else is happening too...some of my desktop gadgets are now displaying on top of IE8. if this persists, I will have to rollback to the previous version of ZA.

Thank you for your Feedback..

Please Contact ZA Tech Support Live Chat link on Monday when they are On-Line.. Click the Support link in my Signature..

When Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information