Thread: ZoneAlarm installer in never-ending loop

sborman Guest

Default ZoneAlarm installer in never-ending loop

My system (Windows 7 64-bit) froze while I was installing ZoneAlarm. At the time of the freeze, the ZoneAlarm installer had reached the 98% point. When I rebooted and tried again to install ZoneAlarm, I got the following message: "TrueVector Setup: The installer is having trouble shutting down your current version of ZoneAlarm. To resolve this, please restart your computer and then restart your upgrade." I tried rebooting a couple of more times, but still got the same message from the ZoneAlarm installer. I then used Revo Uninstaller to do a forced uninstall of the ZoneAlarm application. (ZoneAlarm's own uninstaller would not run.) After rebooting, the ZoneAlarm installer continued to give me the same message. So at this point I can't install ZoneAlarm and I also can't uninstall it. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. (My Windows Firewall status is On -- that is, it has not been turned off.) -- Stuart Borman

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm installer in never-ending loop

Click here> http://forums.zonelabs.com/showpost....61&postcount=2 <> basically un-instal in safe-mode; follow up to #22

Is Microsoft Essentials (anti-virus) - un-installed or off? List any other Security Programs installed

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:
    > Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), > your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free, Pro, AV, Suite, Extreme)
    > and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1),
    > Brand of Computer, List any other Security Programs installed.

Attempt to re-install ZA - click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showpost....14&postcount=7 <> see #2-3 *may be a good idea to remember to do this whenever upgrading ZA firewalls.

If still having issues please click on to ZA Tech Support link - see above link 276914(at bottom).
    __________________________________________________ _________
    NaiveMelody NYC - 3-29-10 - Will It Go Round In Circles - Billy Preston

Thread Information