Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm Toolbar AddOn in Firefox 3.6.2

mikegrieff Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Toolbar AddOn in Firefox 3.6.2

I had recently, discovered a problem in Firefox 3.6.2 where it would not Open a New Window. I tried Safe Mode, uninstall / reinstall AddOns, (expect for ZA's AddOn), and themes, uninstall / reinstall Firefox, created new profiles; nothing worked .. until I disabled ZA's Toolbar AddOn. I miss using Za's Toolbar in Firefox, and miss it checking my my downloads as they are downloaded, but I am happy my Firefox is working as it should, though. I am anticipating an Update to ZA's Toolbar AddOn. I have been reading here, that to Update Firefox AddOns, one must disable ZA's Toolbar AddOn; is this correct? I don't recall any problems Updating Firefox's AddOns in the past, with ZA's Toolbar not disabled. If this is correct, ZA should configure something that will allow one to Update with it's Toolbar AddOn enabled.

Spotswood Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Toolbar AddOn in Firefox 3.6.2

I have had the same problem, again.

This is the second time I have found a conflict between ZA Toolbar and another Firefox add-on. Last time it was FireFTP and I chose to disable that. This time it is the Java console, which was updated in the last day or so. I have decided to stop using the ZA Toolbar.

mikegrieff Guest

I am hoping that ZoneAlarm Software Engineers will become aware of this problem with it's Toolbar and Firefox, and make an update to it's Toolbar, as Firefox does updates every once in a while, and I hope they do it soon. I like having ZoneAlarm's Toolbar working while I surf the web, and checking my downloads.

mikegrieff Guest

I read, a day or so ago, that we Firefox users are supposed to disable the ZA Toolbar or Forcefield when we want to do Firefox and / or addon updates, and then re-enable the ZA Toolbar or Forcefield. Well, this would be a real pain in the butt. This is something ZA should work on, so the ZA Toolbar or Forcefield would allow Firefox and it's themes and addons to update as Firefox designed it to do.

Post Re: ZoneAlarm Toolbar AddOn in Firefox 3.6.2

Quote Originally Posted by mikegrieff View Post
    I am hoping that ZoneAlarm Software Engineers will become aware of this problem with it's Toolbar and Firefox, and make an update to it's Toolbar, as Firefox does updates every once in a while, and I hope they do it soon. I like having ZoneAlarm's Toolbar working while I surf the web, and checking my downloads.
    I'm Sorry, but No ZoneAlarm Software Engineers, Tech Support or Customer Service Read or Monitor this User supported User Forum.

This USER Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

If you have a Valid ZA License Key from one of the paid versions of ZA you may contact ZA Tech Support Free of charge..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit),

your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1),

Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop,

List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

AndyDS Guest

This problem has been around since version 3.5 of FireFox. Sadly though because of my blind ignorance, thinking that ZA Toolbar would not be to blame for the issues in FireFox I never once thought it could be ZA Toolbar causing the problems and so up until this morning now on version 3.6.3 of FF did I decide to disable ZA Toolbar.

Guess what?, instantly the hanging in memory, popup windows being blocked and some other FF preferences started to work.
    ~SNIP~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 7th, 2010 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Off Topic comments.. Just stick to the Facts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDS View Post
    This problem has been around since version 3.5 of FireFox. Sadly though because of my blind ignorance, thinking that ZA Toolbar would not be to blame for the issues in FireFox I never once thought it could be ZA Toolbar causing the problems and so up until this morning now on version 3.6.3 of FF did I decide to disable ZA Toolbar.

Guess what?, instantly the hanging in memory, popup windows being blocked and some other FF preferences started to work.
    ~SNIP~

Since you have "HI-JACKED" another Users request for help..

It would have helped users of this forum help you, if you would at least provide what type and version of Zone Alarm you are refering to?
    as well as some basic facts about your Computer, Version and update of Windows.. etc..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 7th, 2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV

glenplace Guest

Cool Re: ZoneAlarm Toolbar AddOn in Firefox 3.6.2

i have a similar problem..ZA toolbar will not load when I am using Firefox 3.6.3..is there a solution to this issue????

Quote Originally Posted by glenplace View Post
    i have a similar problem..ZA toolbar will not load when I am using Firefox 3.6.3..is there a solution to this issue????
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

It would have helped users of this forum help you, if you would at least provide what type and version of Zone Alarm you are refering to?

as well as some basic facts about your Computer, Version and update of Windows.. etc..
    GeorgeV

Spotswood Guest

Ok guys, let's keep GeorgeV happy. He does a good job in this forum and helps many people.

In my case, I am using:

Pentium 4 Northwood 2.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM
    Intel D865PERL motherboard
    Windows XP Home SP3, with auto updates
    (almost 6 years old and still keeping up)

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, version 9.1.008.000

Firefox 3.6.3 with Enabled add-ons:
    Adobe DLM 1.6.2.60
    Download Helper 4.7.2
    Java Console 6.0.19
    Java Quick Starter 1.0
    Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant 1.1

and Disabled add-ons:
    FireFTP 1.0.7
    ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.53.4

My response to MikeGrieff lets him and others know that he is not alone. We now know that there are at least 4 of us, and if ZA staff are not monitoring this forum, they ought to be.

When I get a problem, where I suspect ZoneAlarm, my first point of call is the user forum to see if other people have had or are having the same problem.

Why do I not raise a service request? Because I have a simple work around (disable the ZA toolbar), which I found on the ZA user forums. Because my day job has me raising service requests with various software companies and I get sick of it. Because it is clearly affecting many users and if the support staff are not working on it by now they ought to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information