Thread: Anti-virus software shutdown

dstrohm Guest

Default Anti-virus software shutdown

I got a message that the anti-virus software was shutdown and that either some kind of clock was set wrong or I needed to download an update (I had it set to automatically update, to the best of my knowledge). I finally got it to update and yet still the anti-virus would not kick on. The anti-virus/anti-spyware part of the security suite is red, and says the antivirus isn't properly set. I click the button that says "fix it" and it tries to fix it, then after a few seconds, it goes back to red and says it isn't properly set.

I've had the extreme security suite since Nov. 2009. Thanks for any help you can give.

Smile Re: Anti-virus software shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by dstrohm View Post
    I got a message that the anti-virus software was shutdown and that either some kind of clock was set wrong or I needed to download an update (I had it set to automatically update, to the best of my knowledge). I finally got it to update and yet still the anti-virus would not kick on. The anti-virus/anti-spyware part of the security suite is red, and says the antivirus isn't properly set. I click the button that says "fix it" and it tries to fix it, then after a few seconds, it goes back to red and says it isn't properly set.

I've had the extreme security suite since Nov. 2009. Thanks for any help you can give.

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going

=========================

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, some Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information