Thread: Update ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 Questions?

joem Guest

Question Update ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 Questions?

I have ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 and I clicked on the reminder to update. That downloaded ZASPSetup_91_008_001_en.exe.

1) Did the ZA site give me the right file? ZASP does not seem like the right initials for Extreme. The "version" looks like it is one version back.

2) There used to be a sticky thread here with a complicated, but well spelled out, procedure to uninstall the old version before installing the update in order to avoid problems that some people have. Is that procedure no longer advised? If it is still a good idea, where can I find it?

I did a search on this forum and was not able to find answers to these questions.

Thanks,

Joe M

joem Guest

Default Re: Update ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 Questions?

Abandoned.

Smile Re: Update ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 Questions?

Current ZA Extreme Link..

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.507.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.507.000
    Driver version:9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1014850784
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.114
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.080
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dwmerrell Guest

I just purchased ZA Extreme yesterday. I uninstalled my old Zone Alarm program as per instructions and did a clean install of Extreme, version: 8.0.400.020

I then received an update message to download a newer version, which I'm thinking is version 9.1.507.000. I've both "Saved" to my desktop and selected "Run" both times I've attempted to do the "upgrade". Each time it has failed to install.

Am I missing something? Further, when I purchased Extreme why didn't I get version 9 to begin with?

Smile Re: Update ZA Extreme 8.0.298.035 Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by dwmerrell View Post
    I just purchased ZA Extreme yesterday. I uninstalled my old Zone Alarm program as per instructions and did a clean install of Extreme, version: 8.0.400.020

I then received an update message to download a newer version, which I'm thinking is version 9.1.507.000. I've both "Saved" to my desktop and selected "Run" both times I've attempted to do the "upgrade". Each time it has failed to install.

Am I missing something? Further, when I purchased Extreme why didn't I get version 9 to begin with?

It looks like your Upgrade Install may Have been Corrupted durring Download or install proccess.
    The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.1 and do a Clean re-install.

The simplest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

ZA Extreme 9.1.507.000 http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zaxs/releaseHistory.html

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, some Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dwmerrell Guest

Thanks, George.

I finally figured out what was happening. I'd just upgraded Firefox. For some reason, whenever I went to either save it to my desktop or run the install, no filename was displayed or it would ask for a program to open the file with.

I switched over to my Google browser and it worked the first time. As far as I know, nothing was switched under my options or preferences in either security or privacy. When I get time I'm going to run that down.

But thanks for getting back to me so soon. The install went very smooth, by the way, it's working great.

Your Welcome..

Thread Information