Thread: ForceField not scanning downloads

rbluvrj Guest

Default ForceField not scanning downloads

Has anyone figured out this problem that forcefield won't scan downloads once it is istalled when ever i down load something it goes straight to windows default download default screen instead of zone alarm force field download if anyone has answers to this problem i would like to know also i tried Fax suggestion about clean the computer and all his instructions to the letter and that did not work so if someone has answers plz advs !!

bryan8888 Guest

Default Re: ForceField not scanning downloads

You are not alone. I have the same problem with ie8. No forcefield download box. I use firefox 3.5 now and it is ok with forecefield.

doodles Guest

I too noticed this days ago.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=73575

I am using ZAISS 9.1.507, Win 7 64 bit with IE8. Tech support said it couldn't be a bug, because it works on their system....ohhhhkaaaaay.

Of course after I wasted my time with all kinds of re-installs and the like, I just shut off the Browser Security Toolbar and will wait for someone to first admit the bug and perhaps fix it.

I'mSorry, It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

There are over 60 million users of Zone Alarm Products,
    if Only one or two user have a minor problem, but can't explain how to Re-produce the problem to Tech Support so that they can Re-product the Error on their Test Computers, they can't fix a non- reproducible bug..

Solution.. Continue Contact with Tech Support with more details, and explain how to make the Bug happen on your computer, or wait for the Next Release and Hope your problem goes away..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

doodles Guest

George,

1) This is not a minor problem. A major option on a major feature does not work for 3 users at least. We are very early adopters of the new release. I predict you are going to start seeing this over and over.

2) I chatted with 2 tech support people and gave them every detail of my system. If a re-install doesn't work, they really have limited ability to help. It is not their fault. They need to take the issues back to the developers. My honest opinion, based on the two people I chatted with, was that they were just eager to go onto the next chat. They also kept putting me on hold after every question for minutes. It was not a pleasant experience. Is phone help available with the next level of support?

Post Re: ForceField not scanning downloads

Quote Originally Posted by doodles View Post
    George,

2) I chatted with 2 tech support people and gave them every detail of my system. If a re-install doesn't work, they really have limited ability to help. It is not their fault. They need to take the issues back to the developers. My honest opinion, based on the two people I chatted with, was that they were just eager to go onto the next chat. They also kept putting me on hold after every question for minutes. It was not a pleasant experience. Is phone help available with the next level of support?

http://zonealarm.com/support

This link will get you to all the different levels of ZA Support..
    Which includes a Premium Service..

If you Click on the Support tab at the Top of the page, there is an additional Contact link..

This User Forum is Only a USER supported Forum, Customer Support and Tech Support do not Monitor this User forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

That is why I Directed you back to ZA Tech Support..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 4th, 2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Update info.
    GeorgeV

doodles Guest

George,

Thanks again... I clicked on your links and tried to just send tech support an email...it had me going around in circles to live chat, which is closed right now. Is there an email address for me to just report this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by doodles View Post
    George,

Thanks again... I clicked on your links and tried to just send tech support an email...it had me going around in circles to live chat, which is closed right now. Is there an email address for me to just report this issue?

Sorry, There is no available Direct public email address link..

Checkpoint prefers to handle Customer Service and Tech Support via LIVE Text chat link.. when they are On-Line.

Also, this is Easter Sunday, most Business functions are closed for the Holiday..
    GeorgeV

doodles Guest

George,

I am going to pass on trying to fix this further. I'll wait until a new version fixes it. I would greatly appreciate it though if you would relay this issue to someone higher up in tech support for us (since they don't read these boards apparently). I would, but there is no e-mail for this. If you can't, I understand.

Steve

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.507.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.507.000
    Driver version:9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1015307232
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0

This worked for me on IE8:

1. Disable "Browser Security" through ZoneAlarm GUI
    2. Run registry editor and delete key: {93711F64-F9D7-4f1d-B013-21E88CB69D8A} from this locations:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Settings
    3. Manually delete #ISW.FS# folder from C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming.
    4. Enable "Browser Security" in ZoneAlarm GUI.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information