Thread: cannot download new pdf files

carolb Guest

Default cannot download new pdf files

All of a sudden I cannot download any new pdf files and I dont know what went wrong. Everytime I try to download pdf files off internet I get this error message:

Error opening document "C:\Documents and Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IES\S1DZNJY5\The_Summer_House_new[1].pdf": Error[Operating system]: The system cannot find file specified

the name summer house in error message was a book I was trying to download....any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated
    Thanx
    Carol B.

findley Guest

Default Re: cannot download new pdf files

Quote Originally Posted by carolb View Post
    All of a sudden I cannot download any new pdf files and I dont know what went wrong. Everytime I try to download pdf files off internet I get this error message:

Error opening document "C:\Documents and Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IES\S1DZNJY5\The_Summer_House_new[1].pdf": Error[Operating system]: The system cannot find file specified

the name summer house in error message was a book I was trying to download....any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated
    Thanx
    Carol B.
    Carol B.
    Can you provide more detail in order for a volunteer here to try and help you. What operating system? Fully patched? What pdf reader are you using? Adobe? what version? fully updated? What zone alarm product are you using? what version? Any malware problems before this happened? what browser are you using? what version?

Cheers,
    Findley

carolb Guest

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition
    it says the version is 5.1(build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036:service pack 3) and by fully patched if you mean have we upgraged it then no we haven't... the pdf reader i'm using is pdfxchange-viewer by tracker software products LTD. version 2.0(build 42.3) that has also not been upgraded.
    I'm using Adobe version 10.0.45.2
    My browser is Windows Internet Explorer 8 version 8.0.6001.18702IC.
    As for any malware problems before this happened I have not had any malware on my computer recently thanks to my McAfee AntiVirus Plus everything else on my computer is running fine except for this one thing...
    Thanx
    Carol B.

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by findley View Post
    Carol B.
    Can you provide more detail in order for a volunteer here to try and help you. What operating system? Fully patched? What pdf reader are you using? Adobe? what version? fully updated? What zone alarm product are you using? what version? Any malware problems before this happened? what browser are you using? what version?

Cheers,
    Findley
    Quote Originally Posted by carolb View Post
    My OS is Windows XP Home Edition
    it says the version is 5.1(build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036:service pack 3) and by fully patched if you mean have we upgraged it then no we haven't... the pdf reader i'm using is pdfxchange-viewer by tracker software products LTD. version 2.0(build 42.3) that has also not been upgraded.
    I'm using Adobe version 10.0.45.2
    My browser is Windows Internet Explorer 8 version 8.0.6001.18702IC.
    As for any malware problems before this happened I have not had any malware on my computer recently thanks to my McAfee AntiVirus Plus everything else on my computer is running fine except for this one thing...
    Thanx
    Carol B.
    Hi Carol B,
    Please post what zone alarm product or products you are using and what version.

Cheers,
    Findley

Thread Information