Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Upgrade Problems 9.1.507.000

nibor156 Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Upgrade Problems 9.1.507.000

Hi!
    If it is any help I have had a response from their tech support - I have copied the details as below.
    I have now switched all 3 computers (two laptops one desktop) to the windows essentials security system and they are all running much faster. I have created restore points as I have progressed and will monitor them to see if they are now working as they should - hopefully I will be able to let you know if they have recovered their functionality.

From checking out other forums re the restore point issue there are mixed feelings about how useful they are. All I can say is that they have certainly got me out of a couple of fixes and I would not want to be without the service.

This is what their tech dept said about the slow speed and restore point issue.

----
    Hello Robin,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm technical support.

I understand that your system runs slow and you have lost restore points after updating ZoneAlarm.

Please download ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite to your desktop from:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1042_en/zaSuiteSetup_91_507_000_en.exe

Once this file is saved to your desktop, please go through the information below to remove ZoneAlarm from your computer.

Once ZoneAlarm is removed, please reinstall it from the desktop.

The ZoneAlarm removal instructions are below.

Please download and run the file from the link below to remove ZoneAlarm.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe

Once ZoneAlarm is removed and you have restarted your computer, please reinstall ZoneAlarm from the link above.

If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like further assistance on this issue, please reply to this email. By replying,
    and leaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to me. If you have a separate issue you would like assistance
    with, please submit a new request using the website at:

http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform .

Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!

Jeremy
    Technical Support
    ZoneAlarm, A Division of Check Point Software

-------

Hope this info is of some help - I have'nt yet tried their proposed fix as all 3 computers are currently working OK and I am very cautious about spending much more time on the ZA issue.

Cheers

Robin

ananda Guest

You can add me to those who reinstalled 9.1.088.000.

My Event Viewer Applications was overflooded with red CRYPT32 errors. For the full story, see http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...895#post277895.

For those who want to reach ZA Technical Staff by e-mail, one of their members told me one can use, ~Snip~
    Have a nice day and no hassle with ZA 9.1.008.000! Well, so far at least...

Ananda
    Last edited by ananda; April 11th, 2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: violation of Fourm Guideline, http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=39467

stormsy Guest

Well, I have reinstalled version 9.1.008.000 and my PC is running sleek and nice!

No excessive HDD activity what-so-ever! Now I don't have to worry that my HDD will wear out from the excessive spinning that ZAISS has caused.

Following the response from "nibor156" posted, I performed the exact procedure that TechSupport mentioned. I always follow that routine everytime a newer version of ZAISS is released - prevents corruption and makes my life slightly easier during installation (until now that is...)

~SNIP~

For those who do not reside in the USA, it is hard to get in-touch with TechSupport; especially when you cannot talk to someone over the phone (well; you can, but you might need to pay over-seas prices, which can be high...) I know that TechSupport do not monitor these forums, but they never really had the idea to use Skype instead for customers to contact (just a thought. )

Anyhow - 9.1.008 is back on! HDD has been saved by moi! NOw I shall wait with anticipation for the latest, and thoroughly tested, version of ZAISS that might be a worth-while product.

I apologise for being a pessimist - that's my nature I'm afriad.
    Thanks for letting me rant and rave,
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 10th, 2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=39467

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    I apologise for being a pessimist - that's my nature I'm afriad.
    Thanks for letting me rant and rave,
    Stormsy.
    Thank you for your feedback..

Your Welcome to BETA test the Next BETA Version, when it is available,
    so that any problems relevant to your own computer can be Reported Directly to the Developers, along with your ZA log files, so that the developers can diagnose your individula problem and include that fix into the Next Public distribution release..

Have a nice weekend..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

borisqza Guest

I downloaded and installed the latest ZASS update a couple of days ago and have regretted it immensely. It has:

Made IE8 load extremely slowly.

Destroyed all my RESTORE copies (and keeps on destroying them.)

Made Firefox incapable of displaying any kind of video file.

And, when scanning, continually pops up the STATUS dialog so you can't do anything else with the computer.

There is no email help and, if you're willing to wait, staring at the screen long enough, to get an online chat guy, you just get canned, time wasting, useless advice like "reset the program", "reboot", "reinstall this or that".

I managed to fix IE8 by resetting the "Internet Zone Security" setting to medium which ZA had changed without my permission.

Nothing has helped Firefox - reinstalling, reinstalling all the helpers, turning off ZASS, removing ZASS, cleaning the registry, reinstalling the earlier version, or running SFC.

As for the RESTORE mechanism and the popups, we'll see.

The reality is that, somewhere, somehow, the ZASS installer has trashed something in my system, and I've spent enough of my life trying to find it.

Someday, I'll rebuild my system and I'll do it without ZoneAlarm. At this point t's very hard for me to see any diference between ZASS and the malware it's supposed to catch.

stormsy Guest

I understand how much a pain your issue is to you borisqza. I have had similar problems as well.

Here is a thought - back up your bookmarks in FireFox and save them somewhere on your Hard Drvie, and then reinstall FireFox. I suggest that you delete your saved copy of FireFox, and download a fresh copy from Mozilla's homepage. I always do that, so then I can eliminate the fact that there was no corruption during downloading of the fresh downloaded copy and so there could be a problem with the programme itself.

As for your restore points - I uninstalled version 9.1.507 and reinstalled version 9.1.008, sadly to say that all of my restore points have been wiped out by 9.1.507. I hoped that putting 9.1.008 on would somehow bring them all back, but 9.1.507 managed to delete them permanently.

Have you gone to your restore points and see if they too have disappeared? Usually, only one is saved from the previous day, but that then disappears too - if that has happened to you, contact TechSupport; we are all users here, employees of ZA do not monitor this forum. If many people contacted TechSupport then they may look into the issue raised by people. Am I correct there GeorgeV?

Another suggestion is to reinstall 9.1.008, if you want to - make sure you back up all relevent data in case.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by stormsy; April 12th, 2010 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Additional Info.

yes your are Correct Stormy..

Live chat Tech Support has been Recommending the users with the IE8 and Restore point problem, to go back the ZA 9.1.008.000 while the ZA Developers investigate the problem..
    GeorgeV

stormsy Guest

You say that they recommend those with the IE8 and restore point problem to revert back to 9.1.008; but did they say anything about the extensive HDD activty as well?

Thanks for the update, GeorgeV,
    Stormsy.

Sorry, Please ask that topic in this Thrend..

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...035#post278035

or Contact Live Chat with further details of your extensive HDD activty, if anything has changed since your last report to them..

If there is any news or a fix, an official announcement will be posted or AutoUpdate notes sent out..
    GeorgeV

nibor156 Guest

See update on this post at the foot of this post......

Quote Originally Posted by nibor156 View Post
    Hi!
    If it is any help I have had a response from their tech support - I have copied the details as below.
    I have now switched all 3 computers (two laptops one desktop) to the windows essentials security system and they are all running much faster. I have created restore points as I have progressed and will monitor them to see if they are now working as they should - hopefully I will be able to let you know if they have recovered their functionality.

From checking out other forums re the restore point issue there are mixed feelings about how useful they are. All I can say is that they have certainly got me out of a couple of fixes and I would not want to be without the service.

This is what their tech dept said about the slow speed and restore point issue.

----
    Hello Robin,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm technical support.

I understand that your system runs slow and you have lost restore points after updating ZoneAlarm.

Please download ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite to your desktop from:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1042_en/zaSuiteSetup_91_507_000_en.exe

Once this file is saved to your desktop, please go through the information below to remove ZoneAlarm from your computer.

Once ZoneAlarm is removed, please reinstall it from the desktop.

The ZoneAlarm removal instructions are below.

Please download and run the file from the link below to remove ZoneAlarm.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Once ZoneAlarm is removed and you have restarted your computer, please reinstall ZoneAlarm from the link above.

If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like further assistance on this issue, please reply to this email. By replying,
    and leaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to me. If you have a separate issue you would like assistance
    with, please submit a new request using the website at:

http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform .

Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!

Jeremy
    Technical Support
    ZoneAlarm, A Division of Check Point Software

-------

Hope this info is of some help - I have'nt yet tried their proposed fix as all 3 computers are currently working OK and I am very cautious about spending much more time on the ZA issue.

Cheers

Robin

An Update on my last post......

Just a quick note to let you know that functionality seems to have been restored to the restore point system on both my Samsung NC 10 and my desktop.

This was follwing complete removal of ZA and moving to M/S Security Essentials.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see if a robust fix is forthcoming
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 4th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information