Thread: Issue with ForceField - ZASS 9.1.507.000

dccc Guest

Thumbs down Issue with ForceField - ZASS 9.1.507.000

Today ZoneAlarm notified me of an upgrade to my ZA Security Suite. I downloaded and installed the update which took me to version 9.1.507.000. This upgrade apparently also installed ForceField which has caused me nothing but problems. I'm running XP Pro and Firefox 3.6.3.

Once ForceField was installed, it basically took control of my computer. I was not able to do anything for over 15 minutes including shutting down, stopping processes, etc. I could move the mouse but could take no actions. For the very first time since I built this system I had to physically power it off to regain control.

I was then able to get my browser to start although then it wouldn't let some websites do very legitimate things. For example, if I find a product on Amazon.com and click on the product image to "see a larger image", it will not allow the larger image. This feature worked fine just minutes before I upgrade ZA. My browser is much much slower in all aspects and something is now very obviously hitting my hard drive almost constantly.

I've used autoruns to disable all startup services associated with ForceField. I've turned off browser security in ZA. A system restart seems to have me back to normal. What I don't know is if I have simply reverted to where I was before ForceField was forced on me or if I have turned features off that are necessary.

~Snip~

Any advice on ForceField and how to make it work properly if it is indeed beneficial?

Very Frustrated Today,

DC
    Last edited by fax; April 8th, 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Off Topic violation of Forum Rules + title

Default Re: Issue with ForceField - ZASS 9.1.507.000

Probably a third party application conflicting with ForceField. Unless you want to troubleshoot the issue by running your system with only ZA and MS standard services, I would just UNcheck the ZA toolbar while installing the latest ZASS.

Please note that if you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (closed on weekends). They will guide you through the standard troubleshooting steps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dccc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Probably a third party application conflicting with ForceField. Unless you want to troubleshoot the issue by running your system with only ZA and MS standard services, I would just UNcheck the ZA toolbar while installing the latest ZASS.

Please note that if you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (closed on weekends). They will guide you through the standard troubleshooting steps.

Cheers,
    Fax
    You mean ForceField is conflicting with a third party app. I do not have any problems with my computer when ZA is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by dccc View Post
    You mean ForceField is conflicting with a third party app. I do not have any problems with my computer when ZA is disabled.
    yes of course, could also be the case... please follow up with ZA official support.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information