Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ver 9.1.507.000 Does Not Retain A-V/A-S Settings

sourcream Guest

Default Re: Ver 9.1.507.000 Does Not Retain A-V/A-S Settings

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    If this is a New install, or Update, there is a 21 day Learning mode that may Adjust or change Settings durring the 21 day learning mode..

Also on ZA Extreme v 9.1.507, after the initial Deep Scan, the setting is changed to the Recomended Quick Scan)
    Many thanks GeorgeV.

This was an Update and was automatically set to and started the Super Scan (not the Deep Scan) after the update completed. I had to cancel this scan as I had to shut my PC down but ran it the following day - it did not change the setting to the Recommended Quick Scan after completion. I will set it to Deep Scan (not the Super Scan) and run this tonight and then will see if that fixes the resets.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.1.507.000
    TrueVector security engine version 9.1.507.000
    Driver version 9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware engine version 8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware DAT file version 1017789920
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0

Quote Originally Posted by sourcream View Post
    I had to cancel this scan as I had to shut my PC down but ran it the following day - it did not change the setting to the Recommended Quick Scan after completion. I will set it to Deep Scan (not the Super Scan) and run this tonight and then will see if that fixes the resets.
    By cancelling the scan you also have cancel the automatic shift to default levels. This happens only at first scan. You should move it manually to Quick Scan after.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sourcream Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    By cancelling the scan you also have cancel the automatic shift to default levels. This happens only at first scan. You should move it manually to Quick Scan after.
    Fax, thanks for the info.

I have tried manually setting to Quick Scan (and other scan options) but my settings (scan type and scan time) are still being reset every time I switch on (boot) my PC.

Ok.. the behavior is not normal and points to a ZA database corruption. Reset your settings.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Do not restore any previous setting. Keep defaults.

Corruption of ZA settings are usually linked to:

- your pc hangs/crash often or more lately;
    - you are running other conflicting tools (usually other security related tools)
    - you force the shutdown of the system manually or with other tools (cold shutdown)
    - your system is infected by malware.

Cheers,
    Fax

sourcream Guest

Fax, many thanks for the info, your a gem - did what you suggested and so far (touch wood) it looks like it has worked. I have now booted my PC 3 times and the settings are still as I set them.

Again, well done, and many thanks for the help.

Cheers
    SourCream

You're welcome!
    I am glad to hear your ZA is now working as it should.

Thank you very much for taking the time to report back, it will hopefully help other users in your same situation.

Cheers,
    Fax

sunlite Guest

Angry Re: Ver 9.1.507.000 Does Not Retain A-V/A-S Settings

I am also having the same issues with Ver 9.1.507. for weeks now. I am using Windows XP, SP3, Zone Alarm Security Suite
    I have tried everything suggested from uninstalling and reinstalling and also resetting the ZA, but it does not work. It may work for one day and then the ZA resets to the default settings. I can tell when it has reset itself by when the desktop has loaded from startup, i get a new network detected screen.
    IE 8 is incredibly slow to open now also. When the update is running it slows the system to a crawl. When i am entering invoicing in Simply Accounting, the update will freeze the screen for approximately a minute or two.
    I uninstalled it again today and went back to to the older version 9.1.008. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi!

please note that we are at 9.1.603.000, you find it here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/

This version has fixed several issues present in 9.1.507 including ZA issues related to settings.

It should be noted however that I have seen many ZA settings loss due to instability of the system. If you are experiencing intermittent hangs or crash of the system or your force the shutdown of the system you can be affected by ZA corruptions.

Cheers,
    Fax

Cheers,
    Fax

haydn Guest

I'm not at home right now so I can't post my precise version number. But I am absolutely current on ZASS. At least once a week and more likely 3-4 times, my program firewall settings get undone or reset. I don't use the ZASS A/V (which is a whole other issue), but often find that the ZASS A/V has been reinstated so that I get a warning about having multiple A/V packages.

It has become so annoying that I have now begun taking a backup of my ZASS settings and restoring them shortly after boot. I have been using ZASS for many years. I don't know why the settings don't stick. I thought I had identified the source of the problem to be the TeaTimer application included with SpyBot S&D. It seemed to help for awhile inhibiting TeaTimer, but lately the ZASS settings are still being undone. Restoring the settings by hand at least gives me a crude work-around.

When I return to my home computer, I'll post the ZASS version information for completeness.

Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    I'm not at home right now so I can't post my precise version number. But I am absolutely current on ZASS. At least once a week and more likely 3-4 times, my program firewall settings get undone or reset. I don't use the ZASS A/V (which is a whole other issue), but often find that the ZASS A/V has been reinstated so that I get a warning about having multiple A/V packages.

It has become so annoying that I have now begun taking a backup of my ZASS settings and restoring them shortly after boot. I have been using ZASS for many years. I don't know why the settings don't stick. I thought I had identified the source of the problem to be the TeaTimer application included with SpyBot S&D. It seemed to help for awhile inhibiting TeaTimer, but lately the ZASS settings are still being undone. Restoring the settings by hand at least gives me a crude work-around.

When I return to my home computer, I'll post the ZASS version information for completeness.
    Part of your problem is caused by using Other Security Programs that Block or Conflict with ZoneAlarm Security suite..

Also there is a Newer version of ZASS 9.1.603.000
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite updates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another.

Now Install the new ZA update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues remove the other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recommended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, Trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy,TeaTimer, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus program, some Anti-spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 1st, 2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information