Thread: Zass 9.1.507 system has been very slow

bobjtx1 Guest

Default Zass 9.1.507 system has been very slow

I am seeing a similar issue. I upgraded to 9.1.507 yesterday, and the system has been very slow. I found this thread, and after reading it, noticed that ZA is doing the same think on my HP laptop (Win XP SP2). CONSTANT disk access by ZA. Are others seeing this problem as well? Looks like I might have to downgrade as well to get my performance back up. Is ZA support aware of this issue?

Thanks,
    Bobj.

stormsy Guest

Default Re: Zass 9.1.507 system has been very slow

You are correct there. I had this issue with 9.1.507 until I reverted back to 9.1.008.

As for TechSupport being aware - I'm not sure, all I can say is that you talk to them and explain your issues - perhaps they might say that they are seeing this issue quite frequently, or not.

I only reverted back to 9.1.008 due to the constant HDD activity - I do not want my HDD to burn out. Also, when I reverted back to 9.1.008, I hoped that my restore points would be "restored" when they disappeared when 9.1.507 was installed - but they didn't. Have you checked your restore points to see if they have disappeared? Contact TechSupport if this has happened, as well as your other issues with 9.1.507; employees of ZA do not monitor this forum.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by stormsy; April 11th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.

swcook Guest

Question Re: Zass 9.1.507 system has been very slow

I have been noticing that my system has been running very slowly lately while uploading or downloading large files. ZASS is using 80 to 90 percent of my cpu cycles on at least 2 cores, I am running an Intel Core i7/860 cpu. My mouse gets jerky, windows slow to refresh, I am virtually dead in the water until the file transfer completes. I thought it might be the anti-virus, so I disabled it and I still had the slow downs. Next, I shutdown ZASS, and no more slow downs.

I uninstalled ZoneAlarm Internet Security suite and installed a trial version of ESET Smart Security Suite and I no longer have any slow downs at all. CPU usage during file transfers stays in the 2 to 4 percent range on all cpu threads.

Anyone have a cure other than buying ESET?

Default Re: Zass 9.1.507 system has been very slow

Quote Originally Posted by swcook View Post
    I have been noticing that my system has been running very slowly lately while uploading or downloading large files. ZASS is using 80 to 90 percent of my cpu cycles on at least 2 cores, I am running an Intel Core i7/860 cpu,Anyone have a cure other than buying EBrand-X?
    Contact Tech Support Live Chat on Monday..

Click link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information