Thread: Zone Alarm 9.1.507.000 Install problems

davidpetley Guest

Default Zone Alarm 9.1.507.000 Install problems

beta testing the next version might be useful to someone, but it doesn't sound like it will help anyone having immediate problems with 9.1.507.000

For me, this latest update simply will not fully install, and while installing, somehow all of my restore points were erased as others have mentioned, so I could not step back to a pre-install point.

It seems to be going fine up to the 16% mark, where it is copying zlquarantine.dll ...and then it simply freezes. It has done this every time, so I will be yet another talking to technical support on Monday. I am logged in as administrator on my XP SP3 auto-updated machine, so permissions shouldn't be an issue.

It is a bit of a pain that I have just paid my annual subscription (361 days left) and now have no Zone ALarm installed at all because an update is screwy (the old version 9.1.008.000 does not recognise my licence key from the purchase receipt).

david

Default Re: Zone Alarm 9.1.507.000 Install problems

Quote Originally Posted by davidpetley View Post
    beta testing the next version might be useful to someone, but it doesn't sound like it will help anyone having immediate problems with 9.1.507.000

For me, this latest update simply will not fully install, and while installing, somehow all of my restore points were erased as others have mentioned, so I could not step back to a pre-install point.

It seems to be going fine up to the 16% mark, where it is copying zlquarantine.dll ...and then it simply freezes. It has done this every time, so I will be yet another talking to technical support on Monday. I am logged in as administrator on my XP SP3 auto-updated machine, so permissions shouldn't be an issue.

It is a bit of a pain that I have just paid my annual subscription (361 days left) and now have no Zone ALarm installed at all because an update is screwy (the old version 9.1.008.000 does not recognise my licence key from the purchase receipt).

david

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Supported Forum..

I have Moved your Requst for Help into it's own seperate thrend
    so that Users here can configure a Responce tallored to you problem.

I'm Sorry, but When You "HI-JACK" another users Request for Help, when don't assume that the Advise given to the Original Posters request for Help was intended for you..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hamadryad Guest

Hi,

I'm glad I'm not alone 'cause I thought it was just me who was having problem with the installation of that update.

Mine stops at 5% with vsdataold.dll and says that the installing program does not respond. I tried downloading again and again thinking that there was a problem in the download but get always the same thing.

I contacted through the web the technical service. Hopefully they will be able to help.

Hope it works soon!!!

I'm also on Windows XP SP3 and my key was just renewed!

Thank you for your Feedback ..

If you submitted a Report to Tech Support using the Web-Forum, it may take 3-4 days for a responce, which may request more information from you..

The Live Chat method provides "Real-Time" Tech Support Responce on the spot..

I would recomend Reporting the details of your problem again using the Live Chat link on Monday when Tech support is Open..

Please Post back here with your Progress Report
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

davidpetley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Supported Forum..

I have Moved your Requst for Help into it's own seperate thrend
    so that Users here can configure a Responce tallored to you problem.
    ...thanks for your guidance.

As Hamadryad's issue is different from mine (his install freezes at a different point), does he need a topic of his own as well? Or do you think readers will be able to tailor a response suitable for both of us?

david

Thread Information