Thread: Video Playback issues

neutronproton Guest

Default Video Playback issues

Apparently I am not the only one having issues with the new Zonealarm update.

Installed it today and started noticing playback issues while watching video files from my hard drive. Audio would crackle and drop in and out. If I disabled Zonealarm all issues would disappear.

In addition, the longer Zonealarm ran in the background the worse the problem got and the more unresponsive the computer became. At one point it took over thirty seconds for a window to come up.

Using Q9450 cpu and Win XP Home Edition.

Uninstalled upgrade and reinstalled previous version and all problems have disappeared.

If someone discovers the problem please post it and I will reinstall upgrade. But at this point it slows the computer to a point as to be essentially unusable and unresponsive.

Default Re: Video Playback issues

Quote Originally Posted by neutronproton View Post
    Apparently I am not the only one having issues with the new Zonealarm update.

Using Q9450 cpu and Win XP Home Edition.

Uninstalled upgrade and reinstalled previous version and all problems have disappeared.

If someone discovers the problem please post it and I will reinstall upgrade. But at this point it slows the computer to a point as to be essentially unusable and unresponsive.
    I'm Sorry, that you did not Contact Tech Support before you Uninstalled the New upgrade.. They could have used your Za Log files to diagnose your problem, before you distroyed the Log files by removing the New install and over writing them with the Previous version.. <sigh>
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

neutronproton Guest

George,

If they really need my computer to figure out the problem it would take nothing to reinstall it and let it do it again. If it is really necessary of course.

It is not an all day affair to install and then uninstall it but this computer is at my office and I would have to stay late to do it.

If someone from Zonelabs needs me to do this post a reply and tell me how to send the log files and I will be happy ( well, not exactly happy) to do it again.

I installed the update this morning and by this afternoon the problem was apparent so it did not take long to occur.

garywa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neutronproton View Post
    If someone from Zonelabs needs me to do this post a reply and tell me how to send the log files and I will be happy ( well, not exactly happy) to do it again.
    Thanks for volunteering to help. Information in this sticky topic and a second one from the Forum-Moderator linked to in it, will provide you with the information you need.

ZA log reporting instructions: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=73895

Basically, contact ZA tech support via Live Chat, tell them you want to submit the log files when the problems occur and they will give you a short set of instructions to follow. I did it before uninstalling.

Thanks!

Thread Information