Thread: [SOLVED] Paint Shop Pro screen capture problem --> Tune the browser security setting

freddy9 Guest

Default [SOLVED] Paint Shop Pro screen capture problem --> Tune the browser security setting

Hi,

I did a reinstall of ZA and now PSP is giving trouble. It has a function where you can press SHIFT C and it takes you to one of your other running applications so you can take a screen shot. Trouble is at the moment it returns with a blank (black) picture instead of a picture of the intended image.

If I temporarily turn off ZA it is fine and continues to be ok even after I restart ZA. I think this is related to a windows access thing somehow but am not sure. What permission do I have to give in ZA to allow easy access.

It must be possible because it was ok before my re-install.

Thanks.
    Last edited by fax; April 15th, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Paint Shop Pro screen capture problem

Quote Originally Posted by freddy9 View Post
    Hi,

I did a reinstall of ZA and now PSP is giving trouble. It has a function where you can press SHIFT C and it takes you to one of your other running applications so you can take a screen shot. Trouble is at the moment it returns with a blank (black) picture instead of a picture of the intended image.

If I temporarily turn off ZA it is fine and continues to be ok even after I restart ZA. I think this is related to a windows access thing somehow but am not sure. What permission do I have to give in ZA to allow easy access.

It must be possible because it was ok before my re-install.

Thanks.
    I have PSP (v7.04) installed on my PC but I guess I am not familiar with the SHIFT+C function. If you could explain it in a little more detail (exact keystrokes) I could try to see if the function works or not on my PC - WinXP Pro SP3 with ZAISS 9.1.008.000.

When I take screen shots, I do it with the PrtScn button (copy to clipboard), open PSP and just do a CTRL+V to paste the image in PSP. Then I resize or crop or whatever to edit it.

Let me know and I'll try it and then check my PSP settings in ZA.

Hi!
    this is by design if you are running ZA Extreme.
    ZA prevents screenloggers to operate. You need to go to the ZA Browser security settings (advance tab) and UNcheck "Block Programs that secretely records your..." or probably enough to tick on " Only in allegedly secure sessions".

You may need a restart for the changes to take effects

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 13th, 2010 at 08:59 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

freddy9 Guest

Thanks FAX, that fixed it! Very much appreciated.

Garywa, the PSP screen capture feature is really useful.

Open the screen you wish to take a partial capture from and then switch to PSP. Shift C will bounce you back to the other program screen. Right click then left click and you will get a cross that you can stretch diagonally across your screen to any location and size you like. Left click confirms the capture. When you go back to PSP you should now have the shot you need. Much better than taking a big screen shot and cropping after.

Post back here if you do it and let us know how you found it.

You're welcome!
    Thank you for taking the time to report back.
    I will change the title of the thread to reflect the solution.

Cheers,
    Fax

garywa Guest

Default Re: [SOLVED] Paint Shop Pro screen capture problem --> Tune the browser security sett

As Guru fax pointed out, ZA Extreme blocks screenloggers by default. I use ZA Security Suite and sometimes forget about the screenlogger. (My bad)

I did play around with the Shift+C function in PSP and of course it works with ZASS because it has no screenlogger function.

Thanks for the [offtopic] PSP tip [/offtopic].

Glad fax was able to instantly answer your question correctly so you could get going again.

Default Re: [SOLVED] Paint Shop Pro screen capture problem --> Tune the browser security sett

Quote Originally Posted by garywa View Post
    Glad fax was able to instantly answer your question correctly so you could get going again.
    Thank you Garywa for your support and help in here, you are doing a great job! Indeed, I have PSP installed and was easy to test with ZA Extreme. I had forgotten about its screencapture capability since I am always using the built-in screen grabber tool in VISTA and window 7....

Thread Information