Thread: Testing ZA & Windows 7

Hybrid View

Gabrielle Guest

Default Testing ZA & Windows 7

Because my son's system was recently attacked by a trojan that was just a bear to remove and not caught by Windows Security Essentials, we decided it was time to search around for a better solution to internet & system security. We used to use ZoneAlarm back in 2007 and it did a good job, but prior to purchasing a new version, we wanted to test it on our three household systems to be sure that it was compatible and didn't cause other issues. I'm running Windows 7, while the two older systems are on XP, SP3.

So far, though I'm having some troubles and am hoping someone can offer us insight and suggestions.

I'm currently testing ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.507.000. Using RevoUninstaller, I did a full and complete uninstall of Security Essentials before installing ZA.

Installation took a few tries, but I believe that I now have a clean install.

However, this morning I've received two blue screens and last night I found that ZA was using a tremendous amount of system resources and continual hard drive activity.

~snip~

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Here is the content of the ZA About screen:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.507.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.507.000
    Driver version:9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1015897888
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.114
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.080
    Based on my experience thus far, I'm wondering if the difficulties I'm seeing are normal? How would you suggest I proceed? We'd really like to stay with ZoneAlarm, but yikes!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading comments and ideas.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 16th, 2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: offtopic

Default Re: Testing ZA & Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
    Because my son's system was recently attacked by a trojan that was just a bear to remove and not caught by Windows Security Essentials, we decided it was time to search around for a better solution to internet & system security. We used to use ZoneAlarm back in 2007 and it did a good job, but prior to purchasing a new version, we wanted to test it on our three household systems to be sure that it was compatible and didn't cause other issues. I'm running Windows 7, while the two older systems are on XP, SP3.

So far, though I'm having some troubles and am hoping someone can offer us insight and suggestions.

I'm currently testing ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.507.000. Using RevoUninstaller, I did a full and complete uninstall of Security Essentials before installing ZA.

Installation took a few tries, but I believe that I now have a clean install.

However, this morning I've received two blue screens and last night I found that ZA was using a tremendous amount of system resources and continual hard drive activity.

~snip~

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Here is the content of the ZA About screen:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.507.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.507.000
    Driver version:9.1.503.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1015897888
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.114
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.080
    Based on my experience thus far, I'm wondering if the difficulties I'm seeing are normal? How would you suggest I proceed? We'd really like to stay with ZoneAlarm, but yikes!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading comments and ideas.

With a Valid ZA License Key, You can Contact ZA Tech Support Live Chat, Free of charge.. with details of your Computer , Version of windows, Type and version of Zone Alarm and Details of you problem..

Click the support link in my Signature,
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information