Thread: extra gb on hard drive

johny1g Guest

Default extra gb on hard drive

I have just uninstalled zone alarm free edition which have used for the last year and then installed zone alarm pro using special offer yesterday.I am using windows xp sp3 all updated, and checked my hard drive and free space has gone from approx 8.5gb up to 14gb now.Does this mean firewall use over last year has bloated to approx 5.5gb or have I lost a lot of data which at this stage doesn't appear to be gone.Dont know what has happened, and any help much appreciated.

Thanks
    JohnG

Default Re: extra gb on hard drive

Never heard of this before.
    Since you have a licensed version of ZA then better you contact the ZA support directly. Link in my signature. We are all users here.

Let us know when you find a solution. It may help other users browsing this user board.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

johny1g Guest

Hi fax
    Thanks for link, which I went through technical support and was not sufficient and couldn't really give me answer.(There were most likely log files and temp files that had grown that large with the free firewall. When you re-installed ZoneAlarm Pro it removed those previous files.)
    Since then I've had many problems with Firefox and IE8 not closing and have to stop process from Task Manager.Also addons in Firefox not working and javascript seems to be not working, and will resolve those later. Google chrome have no problems.
    Next I found drive free gb dropping first time from 14gb to 11gb and checked system restore which showed system checkpoint possibly same time, but what shocked me was all system restore points prior to installing ZoneAlarm pro had gone,which would explain the extra free 5.5gb?? Checked again free gb hour later then 9.7gb, now another hour later 8gb.
    When restarting computer, box came with message ending force field program as well.
    Will have to contact tech support chat again tomorrow and if cant get any resolution will revert back to free edition from which I didn't have any problems.
    John G

johny1g Guest

since last thread ? 20 mins ago, free gb back up to 14gb and also all system restore points gone again.
    I'm going crazy now and don't understand whats going on ????
    I'll have to check some of the other threads as seem similar now to whats happening to me.
    JohnG

Sorry, you need to keep reporting to ZA support and not here. They are the only ones to be able to troubleshoot the problem or refund if not successfull.

There may a conflict with an installed application.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information