Thread: Can't Print Wirelessly with ZA Free

pctechiej Guest

Default Can't Print Wirelessly with ZA Free

Hi,
    I currently have ZA Free Firewall installed on my Vista Home Edition SP2 desktop. I can't print wirelessly from my XP SP3 laptop to the printer connected to the desktop. I decided to turn off the ZA Firewall and switch back to Windows Firewall to test if I could print then. I successfully printed wirelessly with the Windows Firewall. Can someone help me change the ZA settings so I can print wirelessly using ZA? When I set up the ZA firewall, I set the internet/network connection as "trusted."
    Thank you,
    pctechiej

Additional Info: I originally posted this inquiry in "Configuration" and followed a suggestion to move the "trusted" slider down to medium. I tried that and still can't print using ZA FREE, only Windows Firewall. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zeke Guest

Default Re: Can't Print Wirelessly with ZA Free

Quote Originally Posted by pctechiej View Post
    Hi,
    I currently have ZA Free Firewall installed on my Vista Home Edition SP2 desktop. I can't print wirelessly from my XP SP3 laptop to the printer connected to the desktop. I decided to turn off the ZA Firewall and switch back to Windows Firewall to test if I could print then. I successfully printed wirelessly with the Windows Firewall. Can someone help me change the ZA settings so I can print wirelessly using ZA? When I set up the ZA firewall, I set the internet/network connection as "trusted."
    Thank you,
    pctechiej

Additional Info: I originally posted this inquiry in "Configuration" and followed a suggestion to move the "trusted" slider down to medium. I tried that and still can't print using ZA FREE, only Windows Firewall. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm not sure if a wireless printer would be seen as a network or not. If it is, I would check to see what zone the wireless printer is in. It needs to be in trusted zone, I imagine.

pctechiej Guest

Zeke,
    Thank you for your reply. The printer isn't wireless. It's connected via usb to my Vista desktop. I have a wireless modem that allows me to print & browse the web with my laptop. I have no problem printing through Windows Firewall. Any other suggestions?
    Thank you,
    pctechiej

zeke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pctechiej View Post
    Zeke,
    Thank you for your reply. The printer isn't wireless. It's connected via usb to my Vista desktop. I have a wireless modem that allows me to print & browse the web with my laptop. I have no problem printing through Windows Firewall. Any other suggestions?
    Thank you,
    pctechiej
    Ok, is your wireless network in the trusted zone? It will need to be in order to print over the network.

edit: My bad, I see you did add the network to the trusted zone. I missed that in your original post. No other ideas come to mind. Sorry!
    Last edited by zeke; April 16th, 2010 at 07:33 AM.

Thread Information