Thread: Unsuccessful Connection over FTP

Coloraken Guest

Default Unsuccessful Connection over FTP

My system is WindowsXP with latest updates; IE8. When I attempt to download printer driver updates from H-P, I get error message: "IE unable to display this WebPage". Additional info says that there is no problem with HTTP connection. However, there is an unsuccessful connection over FTP. I'm uncertain what this means, whether my Zone Alarm is blocking something, or where the problem lies. I contacted H-P and received a response that this is a problem with Internet Explorer, which doesn't make any sense at all. Is there a solution or correction in my ZA settings that will fix this problem?

Default Re: Unsuccessful Connection over FTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coloraken View Post
    My system is WindowsXP with latest updates; IE8. When I attempt to download printer driver updates from H-P, I get error message: "IE unable to display this WebPage". Additional info says that there is no problem with HTTP connection. However, there is an unsuccessful connection over FTP. I'm uncertain what this means, whether my Zone Alarm is blocking something, or where the problem lies. I contacted H-P and received a response that this is a problem with Internet Explorer, which doesn't make any sense at all. Is there a solution or correction in my ZA settings that will fix this problem?
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and what ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1)

Have you tried Shutting down Zone Alarm, and try to download the printer driver updates from H-P ?

If that still does not work, then it is not a Zone Alarm problem..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information